Tuesday, July 10, 2012

X - RATED (Buzz Factor) Summer Grind Issue 2012


E.H.M.P.: Let’s start off with your name, X- Rated. What does it mean?
X- RATED: The X stand for always being the hot spot . The R stand for always being Reliable in body that knows me knows they can count on me . The A Stand for always having A Positive Attitude .The T Stand for standing Tall on my own feet and if you want to be known in this world you’ve got to know how to stand "TALL". The E Stand for being Educated. I'm book smart in very street smart. The D Stand for Dominate. I dominate in anything I do and I plan on getting in this rap game and making a name for myself.

E.H.M.P.: You are a native of Florida. How do you think hip-hop in Florida differs from the rest of the world?
X- RATED: It's more laid back. A simple, nice snap beat with horns. Most of the artists I met in Florida, really just take their life in put it in a notebook.
E.H.M.P.: Who are some of your influences?
X- RATED: I would have to say 2Pac, Trick Daddy, DMX, T.I. Young Jeezy, Outkast, Goodie Mob.
E.H.M.P.: If you had a choice between signing to major label and having no creative control or and indie and having creative control? Which would you choose and why?
X- RATED: I would have to say indie and having creative control. I feel like I can get people to relate to my music. If they do I wouldn't want to change it. But, a major label can come in and say "we don't like it change it" and that's what I will have to do. The people might not like it but at the end of the day, I'm trying to be happy and make other people happy to.
E.H.M.P.: Where do you see your self in a year from now?
X- RATED: I see myself making a name. I'm not on yet but my name is starting to buzz in the streets.
E.H.M.P.: Where can our readers listen to your music?
X- RATED: You can find me on Twitter.com/@X_RATED25, Reverbnation .com/xrated25, CoreDJs.com/xrated25
E.H.M.P.: Any thank yous and or shouts outs?
X- RATED: Yes, I want to thank my mother for always being there. I want to thank Ripp for telling me to stick with my dream. Also want to thank my upcoming label HU.BOY.ENT for recording my music.



WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL
COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment