Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ROME STREETZ (Buzz Factor) Summer Grind Issue 2012

N.A.B.: Start us off with some history on the come-up of Rome Streetz?

ROME: I’m still on the come up. Feel I haven't come up yet. But Rome Streetz is a hustler doing whatever to get by!!

N.A.B.:  You've derived into rhyming at an early age. Where did you get your inspiration for music?

ROME: I have rhymed seriously for about 11 years. I’ve always been a fan of music since like 3 years old listening to Michael Jackson. My first hip hop influences came from Snoop Dog, Nas, Biggie, Kool G Rap, Jay-Z and Pun. Those artist influenced me to rap and my experiences that I’ve had. I started free styling at like 11 then writing at like 14.

N.A.B.: You've been bringing home wins left and right lately. Recently winning at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program and went straight into gaining. Tell us about Elegant Hoodness, how you became acquainted, the process and all about your win.

ROME: I became acquainted with Elegant Hoodness through my aunt's friend Dawn. She saw my performance from another showcase I won and posted it on face book. She linked me up to Elegant Hoodness as well. I just went up there and gave it my all. I performed two songs, one called "Murder Manuscript" off my mixtape Vagabond and the other called "Light It Up" from the mixtape, I’m working on now.

N.A.B.: Vagabond seems to be tagged all around your name. Elaborate some about that.

ROME: Vagabond is the name of the culture. The actual word means, a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job. That just describes my life and the life of those around me. It's all about doing what u have to do to survive. I represent that in my music because every thing isn't always party and bullshit. Real life situations occur longer than the party goes on. I feel like there’s really no one out right now talking about that truthfully. That’s what I represent but it's also a acronym for various different things that describe me, like very artistic ghetto advocate bringing out new dreams. Visionary addressing ghetto broke niggaz directly.

N.A.B.: What is most relevant to you as far as where you see yourself in the future? Also the steps you’re planning on taking to get there.

ROME: The most relevant thing to me would be getting my voice heard on a large scale. Being able to touch and represent all those who are like me and spread my culture speaking to all the vagz, I’m just going to keep doing music the way I do. Continue to grow and do as many shows as possible. Start up my independent company and get some distribution as well.

N.A.B.: Is there anything you would like to express that we haven't thus far?

ROME: I just want to bring real NY hip hop back to where it should be. Resurrect the lyricism and just leave my mark on the culture. I’m also on the hunt for some ill producers on sum hip hop shit. If your influenced by Pete Rock, Dj Premier and J Dilla holla @ .

N.A.B.: Where can we stay updated with your work? Any shouts?

ROME: You can download my mix tape on datpiff.com titled Vagabond look out for my next one I’m putting out soon. Follow me on twitter @rome_streetz, Instagram @rome_streetz, Facebook @ Rome Streetz
shout out the whole Vagabond squad. NYC all my niggaz to much to name. Look out for that new mixtape dropping soon!!



WRITTEN BY: SPECIALGIFT N.A.B. (courtesy of Elegant Hoodness 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment