Friday, November 9, 2012

Dollarmentary (The Showcase) Stand Up or Fall Back Issue


Royalty Magazine: What's good? How's life treating you?  Well 2012 crept in, out and is damn near gone!  What are some of your greatest accomplishments or memories from this year?  Tell us one thing that you will do differently next year than you did this year?

Dollarmentary: I can't complain life is good s/o to Nas… 2012 has been a great year even though I didn’t go on a tour yet.  But I may go to Canada by the end of 2012.  I also dropped my mixtape “Green Crack” vol. 1 and it was a big success.  I'm also dropping part 2 this year as well.
The one thing I might do different next year is just “go even harder”.

Royalty Magazine:  Speaking of next year...what can we expect to hear or see from you in 2013?  Any upcoming projects, tours or tracks should we be checking for?

Dollarmentary: I've been working on a lot of things and to start the year off  I'm gonna release a whole album produced entirely by "Vinny Idol". This album has been in the works over the years but its just been in the works…I am gonna actually release two singles from that project before 2013 starts.

Royalty Magazine: Tell us more about Justin Case (aka Dollarmentary)...Is Justin Case your real name?  Take us back to the moment when you fell in love with hiphop...what was that feeling like and how did it happen?  What pushed you to take that next step with music and make it career?

Dollarmentary: Justin case is…. Not my real name, he's my split personality.  He’s like the Jeckyl in me!  You can tell in the music and the difference in the songs, between Dollarmentary and when Justin Case is around.

I fell in love wit hip hop at a very young age.  It's very funny cause my mom does not approve of my decision to be in the rap game, but I always tell her to think back when she took me to the concert “RAP MANIA’’ where I saw all the hottest rappers in the game… LIVE AT THE APPOLLO THEATRE...So it just blew my mind… I think I went home and started writing rhymes the same day.

Royalty Magazine: You are also an actor...that's wassup!  How did you get started in acting and what projects have you worked on and/or appeared in?

Dollarmentary: I've always dreamed of being an actor and I am a camera whore anyway...So a few years ago, I got linked up with some agents and was doing some extra work.  I did shows like Law N Order, C.S.I. as well as Will Smith's movie "HITCH”. 

One of my greatest achievements was when a friend of mine,“Treach” of Naughty by Nature had me on the set of a movie called Faces and suggested that the director put me in.  You can also see me on a movie called ”SHERRY’S BABY” that can also be seen on Netflix right now.

Royalty Magazine: You've done merchandising, promotions, consulting and have just been an all around business man throughout your career.  In your opinion, how important is it for artists to be able to multi-task as well as wear more than one hat in this business?

Tell us the importance of the relationship between the artist & promoter?  Does it even matter?  Why or why not?     

Dollarmentary: Yes I multi task but not by choice I had to learn everything first hand experience by  jumpin out in the flames… I sacrificed and took certain positions just  to be in the scene.

It's important for artists to build as many relationships as possible,be humble, have patience and don’t be a pest. Sometimes artist and promoters never meet… that’s the job of the label or the staff at the record company..

Royalty Magazine: If you had a chance to appear in the BET Cypha, what artists would you team up with? What beat would you want to rock to?

Dollarmentary: J Elec…Fred the God Son, Bully from Dblock and that's all I could think of .   I would also use any Vinnie idol beat…

Royalty Magazine: You've had a chance to work with Redman, Methodman, Treach (from Naughty by Nature), Timbo King, as well as other known artists.  How did you get your big break?  What would you say is your greatest accomplishment as an artist and/or business man to date?

Dollarmentary: All the guys you namde are friends of mine as well as great artists.  I met them all on a come up. My greatest accomplishment...lets just say that I'm livin my dream…

Royalty Magazine: How do you feel about the current state of hiphop? Are you familiar with the term hip-pop? Are you feeling hip-pop at all or do you think it has an impact on the watering down of hip-hop? 

Dollarmentary: I love what hip hop is doing right now.. It's eveloving and even though we can never get the golden dqys back, I fuck wit hip hop

Royalty Magazine: Any advice to upcoming artists and/or entrepreneurs looking to get in the music business?  What would you say to someone who has a vision but has no major label backing or support?

Dollarmentary: Just go hard or go home.  Be humble and have patience.

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments or shot outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already?

Dollarmentary: Shout out to the SpaceCcadets!  Make sure you pick up Tdot to Brooklyn and Americas bBby right off of itunes.

Royalty Magazine: How can people keep up with you and/or check out your music? What sites or radio stations can people catch you on?

Dollarmentary: Just google “DOLLARMENTARY”  it will tell you all you need to know bout me…

Royalty Magazine: Much Love & Respect.  Thank you for your time!

*Interview Courtesy of @TazDatMC for @RoyaltyMagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment