Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hitman Interview (Buzz Factor) Summer Grind Issue 2012



N.A.B.:The Hitman is a straight forward, outspoken name. When and who decided you would carry this epithet?

HITMAN: I chose my own name. I decided I needed both a strong and clever name that represented me as a person and an artist. The reason behind that name being chosen is because of my admiration of how an assassin carries themselves, quiet, observant, focused on his goals, precise and deadly when need be. There is also a double meaning to HITMAN, I only strive to make HITS nothing less hence the name The HITMAN.


N.A.B.: Like many young men growing into men, you've overcome your share of hurdles. How did you manage staying focused on your dream?



HITMAN: I love music it's my escape from most problems and I use it as my own therapy. I've been singing since I was 6 and started rapping when I was 9. It’s not that becoming an artist is a goal, I already see myself as an artist, being a successful artist is my goal. I couldn't really afford much so I made everything that had to do with my career choice my lifestyle. I became a live in studio sound engineer so I can record and perform, I work as a camera man with EMmultimedia.com so I can do music videos, and I even work part time at a gym so I can get in to and/or keep myself in shape for shows and videos. Everything else doesn't faze me, I don't have time to worry about what happened before, if you look back you trip sometimes, so keep your eyes forward on what you need and everything will be ok.

N.A.B.: What skills would you say you bring to the table being an artist and engineer? How would you describe your sound to people?


HITMAN: I'm a diverse artist, I can fit into any genre of music and I enjoy every genre. Me not only being an artist but also a sound engineer helped me progress faster and I think gave me the advantage on most up coming artists. I tech for many showcases so I get to see all the mistakes and I study everything I watch. So now I know what to do and what kind of fresh ideas I can bring to stage to put on an entertaining show. Plus it always helps to learn all the equipment that's being used for you on stage and off.

N.A.B.: What image do you think your music conveys?

HITMAN: Depends on the song I make, I could make a party song, then make a song with a strong hearted and personal message to it. also it could switch to straight up hip hop hardcore. It's all diverse, but I guess you could put it under commercial hip hop.


N.A.B.: What are your short and long term goals?


HITMAN: My goal period is to become successful and master my craft in the art of writing and performing music. I mean I would like to get on a level as other famous well known artists too, don't get me wrong.


N.A.B.: Do you have a demo or press kit, or any promotional material viewers can check out?


HITMAN: I will be releasing a mix tape soon called "Unknown" and I'm currently making a couple music videos for some songs on that mix tape. Right now you can find my music and my info on facebook, reverbnation, youtube and any other current social networks. I do have a press kit and will be releasing a video EPK soon.


N.A.B.: Have you created an actual career, marketing and business plan?



HITMAN: Yes, but I feel I'm still in the early phase where I can always improve or change things.

N.A.B.: You've come across the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program showcase. Fill us in about your experience from how you became acquainted to your actual appearance.


HITMAN: I met A.D. The general at a showcase that I was told to go to by a friend I met when I was sound teaching for Times square art center on 42nd street. I was told the wrong time to go though so I showed up at the end and basically everyone was either leaving or talking to each other so I walked up to each judge individually to ask them to stay and watch me perform and she happened to be one of them. I started performing and didn't really have anyone's attention at first, so I jumped on a table in the middle of the room and went in on the music, ears where perking then. After that I got love from everyone and got the judges contact info. I sent A.D. My music and she was really feeling' it. A.D. Kept telling me about the show elegant hoodness for a while so I went to the show and I'm glad I didn't let her down because she had a lot faith that I was going to do well. I didn't think I would win though cause there was a lot of good talent there but I guess it was my time you know.


N.A.B.: Are you actively involved with updating daily, your social networking sites? i.e Twitter, Facebook, Reverbnation, etc? What are they?

HITMAN: Yes Twitter : @officialhitman Facebook.com/officialhitman Theofficialhitman@gmail.com Reverbnation.com/theofficialhitman Instagram : @officialhitman YouTube.com/thehitmanlive I try to update daily and as often as possible


N.A.B.: Any closing words and or shout outs?

HITMAN: Yes, thank you N.A.B for the great interview, shout out to A.D. The General and Elegant Hoodness for making all these opportunities available to me! Shout out to Eddie at EM Multimedia for all the work he does and everything he showed me. Most of all thank you to all the current fans and new fans to come; I'll keep working hard for ya.


Written by : SPECIALGIFT N.A.B. Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program

No comments:

Post a Comment