Tuesday, July 10, 2012

L-Jaye (Buzz Factor) Summer Grind Issue 2012


E.H.M.P: what was it like living in Germany?
L-Jaye: I really don't know too much, just that I was only born in Germany. I was raised in Atlanta, which I can tell you are lovely! I experienced a lot of bad times and good times but for the most part it was great.
E.H.M.P: Who influences you in your life? Why? 

L-Jaye: Honestly my dad influences me! I have seen him tackle the enemy in so many ways. Being a pastor is 1 of the hardest things to do! I have seen my dad fall and get back up. He is truly a soldier.
E.H.M.P: If you can work with 5 musicians /artist who would it be?
L-Jaye: Hmmm. I have already worked with many but those that I would really love to work with would probably be: R Kelly, Will I Am, Kirk Franklin, Chris Tomlin, and last but not least Rick James (just playing, may he rest in peace). But my most favorite artists of all time are Prince!  All of these producers and artist speak for themselves; believe it or not, to me they all have an anointing over them. They have all been known to reach people, and I respect that about them even more. If I could add one more I would add Rodney Jerkins. That boy is bad!!!
E.H.M.P: Winning the Apollo, how have you grown as an artist?
L-Jaye: Apollo didn't make me as it did others in the past. I actually won the Apollo twice (2 different times), and 1 thing I can say is it made me more confident! I just love New York. The people accepted me, and that was all that matters to me. It connected me with some great people and it was also humbling to know people excepted my music and believed that I would be leaving my mark in the music business at god's will.
E.H.M.P: What message are you trying to portray in your music?
L-Jaye: I am trying to remind people that there is a God. A lot of people forget got him. The only image they seem to have of God is the bible these days. I want people to know that God is still in the healing, and saving business. That's why I am not ashamed to tell my testimony. I want people to know where I came from while others continue to hide their problems. That's one reason why I want to shoot a movie. I want people to see a visual of what God has done for me. My targeted audiences are the lost, inmates in prison, husbands and wives on the verge of divorce, those in abusive relationships, gang members, prostitutes, molestation victims, atheist, and etc. My goal is to reach the unreached just like Jesus himself.
E.H.M.P: What obstacles and challenges have you endured before you turned your life over to God?
L-Jaye: I have done it all, been through it all, and seen it all... well not everything... but most of it…lol! My album that comes out in May 2012 says it all. I have came from the bottom to the top back down to the bottom, I have had over 10 stacks in my pocket alone down to not even a penny. I have been in some of the best hotels, laid in the best beds, down to sleeping on people sofas. I have been free down to being locked up with no choices. I have been a womanizer, dope dealer, and even more… BUT GOD!!! He took a person like me and made me better. I still have a lot to learn, but as long as I know that God is on my side life is worth living!
E.H.M.P: What would you say to someone who is trying to change his or her life for the positive?
L-Jaye: Be still!! The example I like to use is the example of a convertible car; you can't drive a convertible full speed and drop the top (the top will fly right off)! You have to be still in order for God to convert you! Nuff Said
E.H.M.P: What are you trying to accomplish with your music?
L- Jaye: My goal is to reach the unreached! I want to change the world before I die. It's not about the money, it's not about the fame. It's about saving souls the best way I know. I want people to understand that we were born into sin, but we don't have to stay that way.
E.H.M.P: How can your fans and listeners contact you?
L-Jaye: face book: L Jaye, Twitter: http://twitter.com/L_Jaye YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/therealljaye (where they can also see the new video for my single "Before I was saved"! and http://reverbnation.com/ljaye. 


Written by G STEAM: courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment