Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Notez - EMG




Royalty Magazine: What's good? How's life treating you?

Notez: Life is treating me good. Thanks for asking.

Royalty Magazine: Before we talk about the new year, let's reflect back a little on 2012. What do you think you will remember most about 2012 as an artist? What were some of your greatest moments or accomplishments?

Notez: Probably improving my writing. Nova and myself did a nice amount of co-writing for his project. I'm seeing growth as an artist.

Royalty Magazine: What will you remember most about the world in 2012?

Notez: We re-elected the first Black president. (laughs)

Royalty Magazine: As a country, how do you think we can prevent some of the same that happened in 2012 from happening again? What will you do as an individual or artist to help with that change or stand up for what you believe in?

Notez: Learning from our mistakes. History is the best teacher. As for me as an individual just bettering myself and trying to be an example for people, especially those in urban areas.

Royalty Magazine: Speaking of the world, a lot of people are lost, making bad decisions, going crazy, hooked on drugs, and just confused about what's right and what's wrong. If you had a chance to speak with someone who was on the verge of snapping or just being consumed by the wicked ways of the world, what would you say?

Notez: (laughs) Use your head. When I was younger my mother used to quote a particular Bible verse to me: "I set before you life or death, blessing or curse...chose life." We don't realize the ramifications that our choices have. People with promising careers and crazy talent have fallen by the wayside all because they made bad decisions. Just use your head. Common sense is free. (laughs)

Royalty Magazine: How would you use your voice to try to breakthrough?

Notez: All you can do is set an example. That's all you can do, really.

Royalty Magazine: Have you yourself ever struggled with any of these issues? If so, what was the end result and/or what was your breakthrough point?

Notez: I haven't had issues like that. I've always had people to steer me right when I'm losing it. I thank God for that.

Royalty Magazine: Tell us one thing that you will do differently this year than previous years before.

Notez: Plan better. Planning is everything. (laughs)

Royalty Magazine: What can we expect to hear or see from you in 2013? Any upcoming projects, tours, or tracks that we should be looking out for? Anything that you are promoting now?

Notez: Yes I do. I'm about to drop my debut project. It's called Quiet Storm. It should be out in a few months. The first single should be out by April.

Royalty Magazine: So what is the focus for the new year and your music?

NotezJust trying to get my project out and introduce the world to Notez.

Royalty Magazine: As we speak of a new year and new things, is there any subject matter that you'd like to touch on?

Notez: Hmmm, not really. (laughs)

Royalty Magazine: Who are some other artists that have worked with and/or would like to work with?

Notez: (laughs) Good question. I would like to work with Bruno Mars and Ryan Leslie. Ryan Leslie is a phenomenal producer. I would love to do a joint project with him.

Royalty Magazine: If you had a chance to appear in the BET Cypher, what artists would you team up with? What beat would you want to rock to?

Notez: I don't know if they have a Cypher for singers. (laughs)

Royalty Magazine: There is a lot of controversy behind Free Masons and artists being affiliated or products of the Illuminati? How do you feel about this and do you believe that the Illuminati exists?

Notez: I think a lot it has been blown out of proportion. I don't know if people really know what Free Masons or the Illuminati really is.

Royalty Magazine: Having industry connections, have you yourself seen or heard anything that can confirm any of these controversies?

NotezNo.

Royalty Magazine: Major label or independent? What would your choice be and why?

Notez: Being honest, whatever gives me the best deal.

Royalty Magazine: Any advice to upcoming artists trying to break into the industry but don't have the support of a label or major backing?

Notez: Be about your craft.

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments, or shout outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already? Any misconceptions that you would like to clear up?

Notez: Shout out to my whole EMG squad and shout out to everybody in NYC making good music.

Royalty Magazine: How can people keep up with you and/or check out your music? What sites or radio stations can people catch you on?

Notez: Check me out on www.soundcloud.com/NOTEZ_RnB. New single coming soon.

Royalty Magazine: Much love and respect. Thank you for your time!

Notez: Thank you for yours.


written by

TazDatMC & Lucius Black for Royalty Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment