Tuesday, May 7, 2013

E.P.U.L.L. - EMG




Royalty Magazine: What's good? How's life treating you?

E.P.U.L.L.: What's good, Royalty Magazine? I'm chilling. Life is treating me OK for the most part. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Royalty Magazine: Before we talk about the new year, let's reflect back a little on 2012. What do you think you will remember most about 2012 as an artist? What were some of your greatest moments or accomplishments?

E.P.U.L.L.: 2012 was the year my dream became a reality. I won the iGet@Em Showcase. There I met artists such as Da Inphamus Amadeuz and International Nova. Nova and I chopped it up and I signed my first deal with EMG.

Royalty Magazine: What will you remember most about the world in 2012?

E.P.U.L.L.: That the world is not in a stable position and a lot of catastrophes have been happening. It wasn't the end of the world but things are changing and there's no denying that.

Royalty Magazine: As a country, how do you think we can prevent some of the same that happened in 2012 from happening again? What will you do as an individual or artist to help with that change or stand up for what you believe in?

E.P.U.L.L.: People need to speak up and stop being afraid. We all share the Earth together and if we can't figure out how to live in a cleaner, more efficient society the Earth will take care of its own problem like a disease in the body. Remember, we can't change the world unless we change ourselves. I will forever use my music to open up peoples' eyes to the truth about what's going on and not just talk about sex, money, drugs, and power.

Royalty Magazine: Speaking of the world, a lot of people are lost, making bad decisions, going crazy, hooked on drugs, and just confused about what's right and what's wrong. If you had a chance to speak with someone who was on the verge of snapping or just being consumed by the wicked ways of the world, what would you say?

E.P.U.L.L.: (laughs) Yeah. I was one of those people making bad decisions. I was hooked on drugs [Ecstasy] and confused about what's right and what's wrong. Basically life itself, really. I felt like I was about to snap more so because of all the people that have died in my life. This includes both my parents and close friends. There's not too much you can tell a person if they don't want to listen because nobody could tell me shit. I just snapped out of it one day. I figured that it couldn't be it. I know this wasn't what life was all about. But if there's one thing I could say it's never give up and keep fighting for the things that make yo happy. This also goes for everything you believe in. You have to want to keep moving forward. If you don't all hope is lost, no matter what anyone tells you. 

Royalty Magazine: How would you use your voice to try to breakthrough?

E.P.U.L.L.: By speaking out on subjects and topics others are afraid to touch on.

Royalty Magazine: Have you yourself ever struggled with any of these issues? If so, what was the end result and/or what was your breakthrough point?

E.P.U.L.L.: I've been broke, poor, homeless, locked up, depressed. Any bullshit you can think of I've probably been through it. I've seen my niggas getting killed in front of me. Hell, my mom passed away on the hospital bed while I was sleeping next to her. (shakes head) Life is crazy, you know. You have to want to keep to keep moving forward. If not, all hope is lost. If there's a will, there's a way.

Royalty Magazine: Tell us one thing that you will do differently this year than previous years before.

E.P.U.L.L.: Grind harder and work harder.

Royalty Magazine: What can we expect to hear or see from you in 2013? Any upcoming projects, tours, or tracks that we should be looking out for? Anything that you are promoting now?

E.P.U.L.L.: Expect that Muzik Is My Life mixtape dropping soon and I'm working on my album Never Give Up along with the EMG mixtape. I'm doing a lot of features so look out for me. I just might be on your favorite underground artist's next mixtape. I'm  about to shoot a video for my "Diced Pineapples (Freestyle)" so look out for that. Shout out to iGet@Em HDTV and Block Alliance for that one.

Royalty Magazine: So what is the focus for the new year and your music?

E.P.U.L.L.: Positivity is the focus. As far as the music it's different. I don't want to sound like everybody else so I'm working on my own unique sound so when you hear me, you know, "Oh, that's E.P.U.L.L. Turn that shit up..."

Royalty Magazine: As we speak of a new year and new things, is there any subject matter that you'd like to touch on?

E.P.U.L.L.: Yeah. People need to stop trying to be someone they're not and just be themselves. Too many fakes and not enough real. It's like we're living in a video game.

Royalty Magazine: Who are some other artists that have worked with and/or would like to work with?

E.P.U.L.L.: I've worked with a lot of underground artists like Jason Ray, Mike Dolla, Mr. Dollasign, Profound (RIP), and Lazaris. I've also worked with artists on higher levels like Da Inphamus Amadeuz,  International Nova, and Tony Sunshine. 

A few artists I'd like to work with are Immortal Technique, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, Wu Tang Clan, Jay-Z, Nas, and some up and coming artists like Dizzy Wright and Joey Bada$$. There are more but these are just a few.

Royalty Magazine: If you had a chance to appear in the BET Cypher, what artists would you team up with? What beat would you want to rock to?

E.P.U.L.L.: I don't care what beat it is. I'm gonna go hard. That's the BET Cypher, you feel me? It doesn't matter what artist they put me with. I'm gonna bring the heat.

Royalty Magazine: There is a lot of controversy behind Free Masons and artists being affiliated or products of the Illuminati? How do you feel about this and do you believe that the Illuminati exists?

E.P.U.L.L.: Personally, I don't know what to feel about the Illuminati. Are they good? Are they bad? Nobody knows. Is the Illuminati a cover-up, a secret society for something much bigger? Who knows. So I just got to the point where I'm like, "Fuck that shit. I got family to take care of". They [the Illuminati] aren't putting food on my table.

Royalty Magazine: Having industry connections, have you yourself seen or heard anything that can confirm any of these controversies?

E.P.U.L.L.: No.

Royalty Magazine: Major label or independent? What would your choice be and why?

E.P.U.L.L.: Independent because personally it would mean more as an accomplishment coming from nothing but if a major label's looking and the price is right, I could do that as well. When I say price I'm not only talking money. Then I'll sign to a major. At the end of the day my main goal is to get my loved ones out of the hood. So whether I do independent or with the help of a major label, it's all fine by me.

Royalty Magazine: Any advice to upcoming artists trying to break into the industry but don't have the support of a label or major backing?

E.P.U.L.L.: Use the Internet, drop visuals, and...PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!! Get out there and get heard. If you're hot, the buzz is gonna come. It's a chain reaction.

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments, or shout outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already? Any misconceptions that you would like to clear up?

E.P.U.L.L.: Shout out to my team, Top Dolla, Team Viper, the Bronx Monroe family, EMG, iGet@Em HDTV, Tru Loyalty, my sister Sasha for always believing in me. Anybody else I forgot, my bad. It's all love and a big shout out to Royalty Magazine. Good looking out on the interview.

Royalty Magazine: How can people keep up with you and/or check out your music? What sites or radio stations can people catch you on?

E.P.U.L.L.: Follow me
Twitter-@EPULL1090
Instagram-IAmEpull
Facebook-Angel Epull Tollinche
Gmail-epullcollabs@gmail.com

Royalty Magazine: Much love and respect. Thank you for your time!



written by
TazDatMC & Lucius Black for Royalty Magazine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment