Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rudy (Buzz Factor) Stand Up or Fall Back Issue

A.D. THE GENERAL: Congrats on your recent win at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Beat Battle and your nomination as Emerging Producer of the Year 2013. How do you feel?

RUDY: I feel good. It’s a great feeling to be recognized, to be acknowledged for your talents and your art form.

A.D. THE GENERAL: How long have you been producing?

RUDY: I've been producing for about nine years now! I started in the sixth grade.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Who influences you as far as producers?

RUDY: Oh man, that's a lot. Let's see, there's Kanye West, Ryan Leslie, Red One, Rico Love, 9thWonder, J. Dilla, Skrillex, Nero, Flux Pavillion, Datsik, J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Dr. Luke, Dr. Dre, RZA, Rick Rubin, Pete Rock, No I.D., Lord Finesse, Heavy D, Mike Dean, The Alchemist, Marley Marl, MF Doom, Prince Paul, DJ Premier, Timbaland, Noah "40" Shebib, Bangladesh, Just Blaze, S1, Harry Fraud, Max Martin, Stargate, Diplo, Danja Handz, Benny Benassi and lastly, Quincy Jones. Those are the producers who influenced my sound. I've taken aspects from each and adapted them to my sound.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Which artist would you love to produce for and why?

RUDY: It might not be expected, but it's going to be either Selah Sue, Lauriana Mae or Jhene Aiko. I love all of their sounds. Their voices/styles are very unique to me. Plus I just have a thing for women that sing. (laughs)

A.D. THE GENERAL:  Who are your top five producers in the game?

RUDY: Top five as of now to me is Kanye West, Just Blaze, Stargate, Dr. Luke, Noah "40" Shebib.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Where do you see yourself a year from now?

RUDY: A year from now I expect my career to finally be solidified, whether I'm signed to another label, indie with my own label or both. I just don't want all of this hard work to go to waste. The skill either! Hopefully by fall this is achieved.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Any last words?

RUDY: I just want to thank God firstly. The there's you, A.D., for the opportunity. Also a shout out to my friends and family who have supported me from the start and continue to support me now. None of this would be possible without them.

 

WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL
COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012'

No comments:

Post a Comment