Monday, October 10, 2011

The Showcase (Fall Back Issue 2011) October

And the Light is Currently Shining on...



Amo 1 - BIOGRAPHY
Hiphop

COMING STRAIGHT OUT OF BKLYN, AMO1 EMBODIES WHAT A TRUE "BROOKLYNITE" REALLY IS...FROM HIS STYLE, TO HIS SLANG, TO HIS RAW NO HOLDS BARRRED ATTITUDE & LYRICS, AMO1 TAKES YOU BACK TO THAT GOLDEN ERA OF HIP HOP ..WHEN YOU WERE JUDGED ON YOUR LYRICS AND NOT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT....HE DEFINATELY PRIDES HIMSELF ON STAYING TRUE TO THOSE ROOTS OF HIP HOP CULTURE.


WITH A GROUP ALBUM RELEASED SET IN 08' AND A SOLO ALBUM IN 09' AMO1 HAS NOTHING BUT STREET BANGERS TO BRAND HIS NAME IN THE GAME WITH ...."2005MH" THE *D.E. ALBUM CONTINUATION TO THE DARK EMPIRE E.P; AMO & HS 5MH CREW COME WITH A SOUND THAT IS BEST DESCRIBED AS STRAIGHT "HOOD"!!..
WITH JOINTS LIKE "BOTTOM TO THE TOP","BOUND BY BLOOD" TO THE COLLABO WITH HIS4 CREWMATES ENTITLED "7MC'S", AMO1 NOT ONLY PUT A GREAT GROUP ALBUM TOGETHER,EXECUTIVE PRODUCING & WRITING ALMOST THE ENTIRE THING, BUT HIS SOLO ALBUM ENTITLED "FOOD4THOUGHT" REALLY ALLOWS HIM SHINE AS A HIP HOP ARTIST.



WITH TRACKS LIKE "IT'S BROOKLYN" WHICH SHOUTS OUT ALL OF THE LIVEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN THE BOROUGH...THE TITLE TRACK "FOOD4THOUGHT" WHERE HE EDUCATES YOU WITH HIS TRUE STREET LESSONS, TO HIS SINGLES "WHAT THE WORLD NEEDZ" & "FINESSE". HIS MATERIAL PARLAYS HIS LIFE EXPERIENCES GROWING UP ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK CITY.


BEING NOTICED AS ONE OF THE HOTTEST UP AND COMING UNDERGROUND ARTISTS. ON ANY GIVING NIGHT YOU CAN CATCH AMO1 ROCKIN MICS THRU OUT NYC.....SO KEEP AN EAR TO THE STREETS AND AN EYE TO THE STAGE CAUSE ONCE YOU HEAR OR SEE AMO LIVE ON STAGE OR YOU HEAR HIM BUMPIN THRU THE SPEAKERS, YOU WONT FORGET HIM'.

AMO 1 is still shining...

Royalty Magazine also got a chance to interview AMO 1.  Here is how the interview went down...



Royalty Magazine: Tell us about Amo 1...where are you from and what is the concept behind the name?

Amo 1: I am a street kid born and raised in the borough of Brooklyn. The name was originated as a playground name on the basketball court (the term of shooting your lights out is where the nickname Amo originated). The 1 was added once Amo turned into my graffiti name(you add the 1 to let the streets know you were the original).

Royalty Magazine: How did you get started in hiphop?  Tell us about that first experience when you picked up a mic?


Amo 1: I've been apart of hip hop for as long as I could remember.  My parents were constantly spinning vinyl in the crib & by the early 8o's most of the music that they were playing was hip hop and breakbeats.  So by the age of 7-8, I was influenced by the older kids on the block who were already break dancing rapping and writing graffiti.  Once I started, I never looked back.

Royalty Magazine: Do you remember what your first song was about?  If so, tell us what it was about?


Amo 1: My 1st song was titled "Slaughter" that I wrote with my former partner.  It had a K-solo sample spelling out "Slaughter" with a Das Efx sample tied to it.  It was like some hardcore gravediggers shit.  Before that I was just writing verses and battle raps.

Royalty Magazine: How have you grown as an artist from when you first started until now?  What are some lessons that you have learned from being in this game?


Amo 1: I am constantly growing as an artist, whether its developing new word play, new marketing strategies or just getting more involved in the production aspect of the music.  Thru the years I definitely learned that people are out for themselves in this business and their interest in you is really a reflection of what you can do for them.

Royalty Magazine: Being from New York where the competition is so fierce...how do you stay consistant?  What makes you stand out as an artist?

Amo 1: The fact that I was brought up in the old New york.  See back in the 90's, you had to be fresh from head to toe...whether it was your lyrics, your gear or the crew you ran with because only the Freshest Survived. These motherfuckers nowadays just keep biting off each others concepts, lyrics and styles, but they just can't seem to get it right cause there's no originality.  n order to Standout, you got to be 1 of the freshest in the room (which I always am).

Royalty Magazine: What do you want the world to know about Amo 1?  Describe yourself in 5 words or less...

Amo 1: I'm a Hip-Hop Rebel.

Royalty Magazine: If you could work with any 3 artists (underground or mainstream) who would they be and why?

Amo 1: First off I would definitely work with Krs-1. Being 1 of the pioneers in the game, he still remains relevant to the times and is untouchable on the microphone.  It would be an instant underground classic.  2nd I'd have to say the Rza.  Not only cause his music is and will continue to be legendary, but his wisdom of life and its surrounding elements is inspiring to me on a personal level.  And 3rd I would have to say Snoop Dogg.  He's the 1 artist who is a True G with it and tells it like it is (whether you like it or not).  I'd also love to twist up some of that Grand Daddy kush with him as well as his camp and get in the studio to make some hits.


Royalty Magazine: What are some projects that you have previously released and/or what are some upcoming ones to look out for?  Any upcoming shows?
Amo 1: I released an EP and an album under the group name D.E.(Deadly Entities) thru my record label Team5iveInc. with my former partner Felony.  Due to a falling out I pursued a solo career with a debut album "Food for Thought" that I put out in the street(which might be re-released with distrubution in 2012).  I'm also working on a sophomore project "Brain Medicine" as well as an Ep that will be solely produced by "The Skilled Genius".  Other than that you can catch me on a few mixtapes with Coast to Coast Mixtapes and a few others floating around NYC, plus a feature on the Sleepwalkas album "Cookie Cutter Cornballs Can't Cut It!"
As far as the shows...well you can catch me every week rocking the mic somewhere in New York City.

Royalty Magazine: Any last comments/shot outs?
Amo 1: I def wanna shout Royalty Magazine out for staying connected to the Underground...My 5mH crew for keeping me inspired, all the Dj's that spin my music , all the Artists that I've had the pleasure of sharing the stage with throughout the years and the fans who continue to buy & support my music!

Royalty Magazine: What is your twitter or website info?  How can people keep up with you?


Amo 1: You can follow me on twitter @amo1_5mh, you can catch me on Facebook under Amo1 or you can just google Amo1 5mH on any search engine to get my reverbnation, soundcloud or youtube accounts.


FOR MORE ON AMO 1, PLEASE CLICK HERE...

Courtesy of TazDatMC for Royalty Magazine



For our Front & Back Cover as well as other features please click here...



No comments:

Post a Comment