Sunday, October 16, 2011

Below the Radar (Fall Back Issue) October


CHAD PIFF has an original and refreshing approach to his style of Hip Hop, with an electric guitar at hand and his drummer at his back. They proceed to rock the audience at the Elegant Hoodness artist’s competition. With such breeze and pizzazz Chad Piff breaks down the meaning to his name. He say’s I’m Chad Piff, Chad like the country and Piff well you know like Piff! Chad was awarded the Team N.A.N. people’s choice for his energy on stage and originality. Take a quick read and make sure to tell folk where you heard it first!!!!
 


E.H.M.P.:  Congrats on your win at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Sept 21. How did you feel about your performance and your 1st impression of The Elegant Hoodness?

CHAD PIFF: It was pretty cool. Very underground hip hop, I like that!

E.H.M.P.:  How long have you been playing the guitar? And what inspired you to fuse hip hop with live instruments?

CHAD PIFF: I started playing the guitar about 4yrs ago, and also play a few other instruments like keys, drums, bass and mpc. One day I woke up and said to myself that hip hop needs a change. Had I dream about “LIVE” sounding Hip Hop (a light Bulb went offfff at this moment).

E.H.M.P.:  What is your writing process like? Do you write to a beat? Or do you come up with a riff on the guitar 1st?

CHAD PIFF: I pretty much sit there with my glass of wine and brain storm I don’t write much (It’s very rare if u see me writing at the studio). Most of the Time I compose the beats but i have no Problem working with new producers. Ohhh and Guitar is usually done last.


E.H.M.P.: How do you describe your style?

CHAD PIFF:  Different, Rock and Roll meets Dub step Hip hop, Jimi Hendrix with a Mix of Lil Wayne with drum beats like Kayne   "Modern Day Hippie".


E.H.M.P.: Where can we listen and or download your music? 

CHAD PIFF:
www.chadpiff.blogspot.com/ , Datt Piff , Sound Cloud All that good stuff.
 

E.H.M.P.:  Can you give any advice to the future of hip hop?

CHAD PIFF: Yes, stay different be yourself at all times!!!!

E.H.M.P.: Where can we reach you?


CHAD PIFF:
ChadPiffmusic@gmail.com Twitter @ChadPiff or Facebook Chad Piff or call me 201-677-CHAD


Written BY: A.D. The General
Courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment