Friday, August 5, 2011

Buzz Factor (August 2011)

Written by A.D. the General
Reporting live...New York




G STRONG

One of hip hops own G Strong, originally from Jamaica Queens moved to Long Island at an early age. G strong was influenced by Stevie Wonder, Nas, Run DMC, and LL Cool J. The passion of music was like second nature for him. He was able to get a grasp on his music career at an early age. During his teenage years G Strong had the opportunity to write and perform his artistry. His concepts and motivation is very much so positive. He delivers messages through his music that’s a form of admonition. G strong is extremely disciplined. Through his character and his music he portrays an abundance of wisdom. Take a moment to get further acquainted with G STRONG.






N.A.B.: How did you become acquainted with The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?




G STRONG: Through a mutual friend, Shamello Durant, I learned what this program can do for up and coming artist. I contacted A.D. the General and her associate SpecialGift N.A.B. and expressed my interest.
N.A.B.: S/O’s to you for winning 2nd place at Elegant Hoodness. I’m sure that was your intention, when you booked to be apart of the showcase. So when you heard your winning announcement, what was your first feeling?






G STRONG: Overwhelmed, I never think about winning anything. To me, it’s about exposure and getting my music and positive message out for people to hear. I appreciate winning 2nd place.




N.A.B.: Your newest project is “G Thang”. How did that come about? Will you elaborate on the concept?




G STRONG: My DJ, DJ Shuttle sent me the instrumental for a popular track originally featuring Drake, Rick Ross and Lil’ Wayne. I was inspired and flipped it into my own style. The concept behind the song is that everything I mention has a G in it, for example G-shock and G-Unit.




N.A.B.: Who has been an accountable contributor to your present success?




G STRONG: First and foremost my wife, kids and God have been so very supportive of my music project. Team Strong has had my back from day one, AIR Music Group, DJ Shuttle, Studd TV, Producers Coalition of America, Buddah and last but certainly not least all of the G-Strong fans.






N.A.B.: “The birth of the G STRONG movement has always focused on the inspiration and enlightenment of members of the hip hop community. To recognize the power and respect mixed martial arts has to offer.” Will you elaborate on this concept?




G STRONG: My goal is to bring real hip-hop back to life! With high energy and a positive message, I hope to bring an excitement that current music is lacking. Through the use of discipline and my passion for hip hop music, I will show the world how exciting, fun, and inspirational music should be.




N.A.B.: This day in time, old fans of hip hop has lost their interest. It’s been expressed Hip Hop artist nowadays are more so wreck less in their judgment of lyrics.




G STRONG: There is a lot of recklessness in the lyrics of current hip-hop music. I choose to remain true to myself and create music that is appropriate for all generations young and old. When I rekindled my music career I wanted to be sure that my kids could enjoy it!




N.A.B.: What’s in the making presently?




G STRONG: Currently, I’m working with producers from the US as well as Canada to create a refreshing sound that people have been waiting for.




N.A.B.: Is there anyone you look to collaborate with in the near future?




G STRONG: I would love to do collaboration with CeeLo because of the energy and theatrics he brings to the stage. He’s also not concerned with what others think or say. My brand is built on originality! I would also love to collaborate with GYM Class heroes because of the live band and the talent they have to offer. Lastly, I would love to collaborate with Alicia Keys, she’s my favorite female artist and a talented writer and musician.




N.A.B.: Any special shout outs? Or last minute words you would like to leave us with?






G STRONG: I want to shout out all the hard working up and coming artists out there trying to their music heard! Keep grinding and pushing!






N.A.B.: Where can we find more of G STRONG?




G STRONG: itunes, datpiff.com, soundcloud, facebook, twitter, www.gstrong.net, reverbnation and www.wcm.com




N.A.B.: A G STRONG inspirational quote……..




G STRONG: "Never give up on your dreams, when times seem hard, keep pushing, it will be worth it. Focus, drive and motivation equal success! Stand strong, live strong, be strong, G-Strong!"




Written by: SPECIALGIFT N.A.B.
Courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2011




ARSINEY



Arsiney was born and raised in Harlem NY. He is very family oriented and acknowledges the love and support of his mother and father in the pursuit of his dreams. Arsiney's mom was so hipped to music; she had all the records you could name. If she didn't have it the neighbors knew who did. Arsiney's father on the other note had a fine hand for the guitar. So it’s safe to say that he has been musically influenced by his parent’s passion and love for music.



Soon After, He grew fond of Quincy Jones, Arsiney told himself he would be the "Man behind the Music." He went to Art and Design High School of course to further his career. He went from just being an artist to being a producer as well. He started creating his own beats, because no one would give him any. Arsiney brings forth consistency and it shows in his is work ethic and music, bringing an "Artistic Expression" to the hip hop culture. His stage performance is a key factor in his artistry. That is for certain one of the reasons you won at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program(NYC).


N.A.B.:Arsiney” is creative, versatile, witty, inspiring, and so much more. Do you find it demanding to hold yourself to this caliber?


ARSINEY: Naw, I'm just me, it's as easy as waking up.
N.A.B.: Your surroundings and everything you've been through enhanced the natural talent you have. I heard you say in one of you interviews "It’s nothing" what’s the concept? Elaborate please.

ARSINEY: I’m not 100 percent sure by what you mean when you say "It's Nothing" my concept, but I put a lot of myself and my soul in all my music. I try to always make sure it comes from a real place, and what's more real than your surroundings?
N.A.B.: At the age of 12 you joined a group called Relicz, and then ended up with a solo position. What lead the way to you becoming a solo artist?

ARSINEY: Well I was in a group with my boy Harlem Cyphe. It was just one of those things where we grew up together and even to this day he's my brother from another, my best friend, but creatively I just felt we was going in different directions so one day at the studio I just told him I wanted to talk to him and we went downstairs and I just told him how I felt. I remember that night real clear to. We brothers for life, so he was real understanding.


N.A.B.: So far you have produced several of your own hits. “Radar”, “Rosebed”, “Amazing” and “Fly”. Do you plan to produce the majority, if not all of your future music? 


ARSINEY: I think I would do a majority of it. I'm just a real inspired soul, so I'm always having ideas and concepts, there for I'm always creating. But as a recording artist I would find it hard to only produce my own music because I love so many other producers as well who have inspired by music FIRST, not just what I make. And just to clarify for the world, I didn't produce Rosebed or Amazing Rosebed was produced by Juice Orchestra and Amazing was produced by Clyde & Harry.

N.A.B.: Will you elaborate on the creation of "Insomnia?"


ARSINEY: umm honestly the decision to do this project came about right after I was nominated for the “2010 UMA Award". For some reason during that time I was in a real creative place and I was getting NO SLEEP. I would stay up all night and work on music and concepts, and a lot of it I would shop to other artist and they didn't know what to do with it, so I just started making them my own. This project sonically I think is going to surprise a lot of people. It's a GREAT body of work and I think as an artist a lot of people thought I peeked with my last project because that one was so good. I got a lot of great feedback on my last project as to what songs people liked the best and so I went into this project really trying to carve my official sound based off of what I wanted to do mix with what the fans seemed to like from me. It’s the title of the album stands for the level of dedication i put towards the project and it’s also a metaphor for anyone who's trying to sleep on me as an artist.


N.A.B.: What's shaking with your up and coming projects?


ARSINEY: well I put so much dedication into my work that I try to only focus on one project at a time, but I am working on a few other artist albums (I won't say any names as of yet) and after this one I'm going to be finally dropping my album entitled Out The Box-In The Flesh, no release date yet though.

N.A.B.: You performed last at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program (NYC) January showcase hosted by A.D. The General. This means all the other artist (your competitors) had the opportunity to Go Hard or Stay Home. Then you were last but not least to perform and won!! Wow!!! What was your first feeling when you heard the announcement?

ARSINEY: I was happy of course, not to sound cocky because I think anybody that knows me knows I'm an incredibly humble soul, but I'm also confident in my craft, I kind of already felt like I was going to win. Personally I felt I should of been 1st place, so I was happy but at the same time surprised they called me so soon for 3rd, but as long as the people loved what I do that’s the point. My award for the night was people telling me how much they enjoyed my show love that people love what I do because I love it so much.

N.A.B.: Give us some insight on what the benefits are when you rocking out in the Elegant Hoodness Arena. “Elegant Hoodness consistent promotion’s to help artist create or build their existing buzz”. Would you promote that as the truth?
ARSINEY: Yes definitely I know I left that night with new connect’s and contacts, but above all of that, I feel that the atmosphere in the room was very warm and you can tell A.D. The General is someone who truly cares about the underdog’s ability to be successful, so I was just happy to be a part of it.

N.A.B.: Anyone we should know about, that hasn't been acknowledged? Last minute Shout Outs?
ARSINEY: Shout out to Kris Kasanova first off, I'm telling ya'll this kid is on his way he's got some heat. Shout out to Critical Ki,Clyde & Harry, Dremur, Kalae, O.I.S.D, eric sosa and just everybody that's on the grind and loves what they do. Big shout out to my partner in this ICM movement Marvel Dash, pop for always holding me down and everybody who came out to support that night. Shout out to all the fans and you who's reading this. And thank you N.A.B...



Written by Special Gift (N.A.B)
Courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2011




CAMAY



The list of female MC's is numerous and diversified. Hip hop has always looked at the female MC as a sideshow. Camay, along with a few others are leading the charge of the young, hungry, and intelligent female MC. She is ready to make her presence felt in the male dominated world of hip hop. Armed with a bulletproof flow, witty wordplay, and the desire to be great, Camay is out to prove that 2011 is going to be her year! After being awarded the #2 Artist of the Year at the 2010 Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Awards Show, Camay has two new projects ready for your musical consumption. Forever on her grind, Camay is ready to bring her tireless work ethic as well as her intelligent, witty, and bold voice to the forefront of the hip hop scene in 2011! Get to know her, you'll thank me.


E.H.M.P: Who is "Camay”?

CAMAY: Camay is a multi-faceted artist/songwriter/ grinder


E.H.M.P: As a self-professed "army brat", how has the constant moving shaped you and your sound?


CAMAY: It helped me to become more versatile and I definitely have world experience to talk about... But it also helped me to recognize real in any area code lol


E.H.M.P: What's your relationship with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program? What do you think of the organization and their mission?


CAMAY: I was just an artist looking for an outlet honestly and they showed me mad love and I got a chance to listen to their movement... AD the General def offers an honest opportunity to put yourself out there... I'm real big on them and Team NAN/NAB


E.H.M.P: What's your relationship with Stevie J.?


CAMAY: Stevie was my first industry "nod" and he helped me in my early development stages and exposed me to a whole different side of the biz. He’s a good friend and one of the few entities I look to for musical guidance.


E.H.M.P: Can you tell us about your upcoming projects? 


CAMAY: The Rogue Program is a mix tape with originals and beat jacks and freestyles. It’s my "I’m back" after a couple years and my introduction to new potential fans. It’s sprinkled with songs from the EP "Revolutionarie" which is executive Produced by QB and Nascent. Who both have a dope ear for music and are making waves on the production side of thing from everyone to 50 Cent to Scarface.


E.H.M.P: What do you feel is the current role of the female MC?


E.H.M.P: Any advice for up and coming artists looking to get in the music business?


E.H.M.P: If you could collaborate with any artist in the industry, who would it be? why?


CAMAY: Right now I’m real big on Nipsey Hussle, Freddie Gibbs, LEP Bogus boys. It’s really too many to name... but I only want to work with people who have similar things to talk about and make a real impact on me personally as a fan.


E.H.M.P: Any last words? Shout outs? How do people contact you? 


CAMAY: Check my twitter rants lol @CamayMusic Im on facebook search the Camay Music page or Facebook.com/therealcamay... Shouts to the Krazy 88's Burn it Down Music Group, Team NAN/NAB, And all those who support the movement. You know how we do it...

WRITTEN BY ESQ_TV
COURTESY OF A.D. THE GENERAL & THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011


NEEKA J



We’ve all had to sit through a history class that spoke of ancient mythology. It was in that class that you may have heard of the “Sirens”. The “Song of the Sirens” in Greek mythos was said to lure nearby sailors to their doom, due to their enchanting voices and alluring song. Unlike the Sirens, Neeka J. isn’t luring sailors to their doom, but she’s bringing more and more attention to herself and her team, due to her sultry voice, sex appeal, and bold lyrics. Born in Brooklyn, NY, Neeka J. developed her writing skills while trying to impress a boy she liked. She continued perfecting her writing as well as her love of the music business when she heard and was inspired by Monica’s “Just One of Dem Days”. After moving to Mullins, South Carolina, where she eventually graduated from high school, Neeka J. would find herself back in Brooklyn ready to embark on her music career! After appearing on the Apollo Theatre stage, where she finished 2nd in a competition, Neeka J. would embrace her role as a performer and use this as motivation in the beginning stages of her career. “Brooklyn’s Siren” has worked with various producers and artists throughout NYC and has performed at many different venues through the area. Although she has worked with a laundry list of producers, she holds her team, HandMade Beats/Media in the highest regard! Currently working on a new mix CD, Neeka J is ready to show the world her sound and what she brings to the table. “Brooklyn’s Siren” is establishing herself as a very capable female entrepreneur that is out to prove everyone wrong. She is definitely looking to make an impact in the industry. Beware of the “Brooklyn Siren’s song”, you will be drawn in!


E.H.M.P: Neeka J. is ________________ ? (finish the sentence)

E.H.M.P: Why is Brooklyn such a hotbed of talent?


Neeka J: NYC as a whole is so competitive and upbeat, but Brooklyn is the heart of it all! To be in Brooklyn and stand the pressure of everyday life and distractions you have to be one of the Elite!!


E.H.M.P: How did you get into a relationship with the HandMade Beats/ Media group?


Neeka J: Networking! Mr.Brite of (HMB) and I have always seen each other in passing because we live in the same hood. I started to perform regularly in a local lounge and reached out to him to come out and showcase his talent. He introduced me to SL Jones (Cap) and Jay Spitz of HMB, we begin to record music and here I am!!
E.H.M.P: How would you describe your sound?


Neeka J: Soulful, sweet, sexy, and sassy, with a story to tell full of inspiration and motivation to do whatever it is you do!
EHMP: Can you tell us about your debut album?


Neeka J: Expected release date is in September!!! The album will cover stories of ups and downs of being a young girl dealing with love break ups make ups image morals and the hood!


E.H.M.P: What made you decide to do business with/build a relationship with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?


Neeka J: Before conducting business with founder of the program, AD the General, I knew her from my neighborhood! It wasn't until I began working with HMB and participated in the E.H.M.P. Summer Park Tour 2010! Something I will never forget!!


E.H.M.P: Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?


Neeka J: Collaborating with many more artists, producers, promoters, and djs in the industry from all over the world!


E.H.M.P: How can your fans and supporters contact you? Any final words? Shoutouts?

E.H.M.P: Any final words? Shoutouts? GOD first and foremost, My mother and father Yvette and Graylin Howard, my beautiful daughter for keeping the fire in my heart, the whole HMB family, NAB and NAN, The Carolinas!! 843, 803 and 910!

written by ESQ_TV , courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program




MEGA BUCK$




Everybody wants to win the Powerball, but not many people ever win get the satisfaction of ever winning this lucrative yet elusive prize. Let me take this time to introduce you to hip hop’s version of a winner of the Powerball, Mega Buck$ aka “Hip Hop’s BIG GAME HUNTER”! Born in Charleston, South Carolina, Mega Buck$ first came on the scene as a member of the 263Cartel, however it wasn’t until the release of T-Mac’s SHININ & BIGTYMIN in 1997, that MegaBuck$ would begin to establish himself in the South as a major player and a force to be reckoned with. Backed by an eleven state distribution deal and a flow that reminds fans and on-lookers of hip hop royalty, Bun –B, Mega Buck$ has firmly entrenched himself in the lexicon of the best in the South. After leaving 263 Records, he formed his owned imprint, Bezzle Incorporated. It was under his Bezzle imprint that he has released twelve albums, three of which were solo albums. Mega Buck$ would ride this wave of success, where he received the cover of the GrindMode CD/DVD series, received great reviews in the “Murder Dog” Hip Hop magazine, as well as was awarded the 2010 GEECHEEONE Magazine Album of the Year!! Mega Buck$ sound is said to be filled with stories of the street, love, pain, and the struggles of an artist. Mega Buck$ is out to prove that he’s a winner and that he’s capable of leading the charge of the New South to prominence!




EHMP: What does your name mean? What does it signify to you?


MB: Mega Buck$ simply means greatness! It signifies any person with a dream big enough and willing to endure struggle will become legendary!


EHMP: What has growing up in South Carolina meant to you? Your career?

MB: Growing up in South Carolina has taught me to embrace being the underdog and use it as my driving force. It has kept me humble knowing all the people I represent through my music.


EHMP: How did you come across A.D. the General? What does her support mean to you?


MB: My producer Ric Flair recommended me to her partner, Fefe. Their support means a great deal knowing what they have achieved and how passionate they were about my music!


EHMP: Why start your own imprint? Why not stay with your 263 Cartel members?


MB: I was in limbo with the incarceration of 263Records CEO, TMAC, SO THE TIME WAS RIGHT!! I am still riding with 263, but I have my own artists and we are headed inn different directions right now.


EHMP: Who are some of your influences?


MB: E-40,J-PRINCE,RUSSELL SIMMONS,LUKE,MASTER P,TONY DRAPER,ICE CUBE, and basically any entertainers who have used MUSIC to take them above and beyond!


EHMP: What can your supporters expect from you in 2011?


MB: To always rep the underdog, grow as an artist, and define CAROLINA MUSIC AS QUALITY FOR THE MASSES!

EHMP: Where can your fans reach you? Twitter? Facebook?


MB: twitter.com/geechieboy1,facebook.com/megabucks


EHMP: What’s one thing that you would like to the people reading this to know about Mega Buck$?


MB: That he truly represents the underdog from every angle!


EHMP: Any shoutouts?

MB: God, my Bezzle brothers(Sto, Dbezzle, Sota, spoon, lb, G$, Ric flair, beam) 40oz,RayMassive,Brice,Drange,Bbslim,Scott Beja, Brian Lassiter, Fefe, AD the General , and everyone who believed in me and my vision, too many others to name!!


written by ESQ_TV, courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program

No comments:

Post a Comment