Monday, July 25, 2011

Buzz Factor (Summer Issue 2011)

 Written by A.D. the General
Reporting live...New York







Yung Star & Kardiak
Quick! Name the greatest tag teams of all time. If you are a wrestling fan like me, this question is harder than it seems. A tag team by definition is two people working in concert to accomplish the same goal. If Yung Starr and KardiaK were a wrestling tag team, they probably would have the name of “The Naturals”. These two gifted and talented emcees are destined to be the future of the music industry.  “Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce, ‘The Naturals’!” Greatness is calling their name.



Yung Starr, would be the cocky, mouthpiece of this “hip hop” tag team. Born in East New York, Yung Starr would be the first to tell you that he started rhyming at the age of three and hasn’t stopped since. Although the youngest member of “The Naturals”, Yung Starr has been writing and performing for the past six years at some of the most legendary venues throughout NYC, including The Supper Club to name a few. Influenced by the likes of BIG, Jadakiss, Big Daddy Kane, Joell Ortiz, Nas, and Rakim, Yung Starr has grown to become one of the most well respected emcees in his community and is now looking to take his career to the next level.



KardiaK is the grizzled veteran of this team. Having seen more than his partner in rhyme, his experiences will and have offered valuable knowledge not only to his partner, but to everything that they are going to achieve in the music industry. Kardiak, the self proclaimed,” superhero of rap”, was born in Queens, but raised in the Cypress Hills section of Brooklyn. It was here that, thanks to an older sibling and the encouragement of his neighborhood that he decided to pursue rhyme and the passion he had for it! Inspired by the likes of Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS –One, LL Cool J, and Slick Rick among others, Kardiak has decided that he is out to return the industry back to its lyrical roots and will not let his predecessors down.



E.H.M.P: Can you give me one word to describe each of you?



YS & k: (KARDIAK) Determined. Determined defintely, I’ve been through alot of stuff. No matter what. No matter how hard the fight, I got to keep going. I didnt want to give up, if I dont keep going who’s going to do it for me. It’s not about me anymore. Now I have a baby girl and at the end of the day I have to make sure she has what she needs. So defintely determined. Determined is the best way to go.

(YUNG STAR) Dedicated. I say that because I’ve been rapping since I was three. I’ve been going strong since the age of eleven. It’s always been a passion for me. Always. Can’t nothing stop me from doing what I have to do. I’ve done argued with my mom’s about this an all that. I feel there’s nothing that can deter me away from this. I got cut in the face for this sh*t. You know what im saying? That’s when you do a certain thing and you got people respecting you for what you do. Then you have somebody who is not known or somebody who just wants to be where you are. That hate element is a very fat gun. That’s what that was. I tore the show down, I guess he was upset cause he wasnt where I was at. Long story short, he cut me in the face, tried to slit my throat. Ummmm shout out to you, “I’m still here and the girls love this anyway”.



E.H.M.P.: Who decided that you come together?



(KARDIAK) Again that was a decison we mutually made together. Like he said, I was rapping. Everybody knew I rap. Everybody used to tell me about this dude Yung Star blah blah blah was nice. I didnt know it was him. That’s sad. We used to chill out I didnt know it was him they were talking about. So one day we were in a cypher everybody was spitting. Everbody going in. They were going in, everybody was going in. I spit, then he started spitting. I’m not the kind of dude that doesn’t like competition or actual talent cause it only makes u better. So knowing he was that good, I had to be around him. I had to see why he rapped the way he did. What inspired him. So we started building on that kind of relationship. Ever since then we been like brothers. That’s real talk. Like even before and after this we gone always be that. That’s the love we have.



(YUNG STAR) It was actually a decision we made amongst ourselves. Like, we were on the block one day. Everybody was spitting. It was a little cypher we were doing. So, I didnt know that Kardiak rap. At that point the only people I knew that rhyme, was me and some other dudes I know. “they lazy”. So we in the cypher, I seen him spit. It was nice. It was dope. Boom, we started to talk. One day I believe I had a meeting with Doug (Pulsar Ent), we were going over some contract. I told Kardiak to come through. So we went over there, he spit. Doug fell in love with it. That was it!! We been going strong since.



E.H.M.P.: What is your take on hip hop right now?



YS & K: (KARDIAK) I love hip hop, You know what I’m saying? I love the whole aura of it. I love some of the new artist that came out but I got to feel some special way. It’s not lack of talent cause that’s disrespectful to the people thats been doing it for so long. It’s a different element. It’s something new. Something like “A breath of fresh Air” maybe. That’s the best way to put it and I think we are that. To sum it up real quick, I think we are that new breath of fresh air that will bring a lot of old hip hop fans back and some new ones. Get their head’s boppin with some new music.
(YUNGTAR) My take on hip hop right now, I feel like it’s missing that loyalty. What I mean by that is loyalty to the fans. This is not any disrespect to any artist out there doing there thing. I’m a young dude, about to be 18. Who grew up looking at Hip Hop from a different stand point.  I grew up listening to Big Daddy Kane. When I watched him perform and other artist perform, their drive was just about giving their all. Artist today I don’t feel that they give us that same drive. You know that ooomff, like old artist did. They don’t give their all in there music. So we have to bring that back. That passion. A lot of artist do it strictly for the money. Not to many artist do it for the love of music. So when that element was lost, A lot was lost in there music.


E.H.M.P.: Describe your relationship with A.D. the General. What’s your relationship like with her?

YS & K: (KARDIAK) A.D. The General is looking out for Kardiak right now. She looking out for Young Star. She know we on the come up. She know we trying to grind and make it happen. Ever since we started our media run, she has been coaching us, holding us down. We first was introduced to her when she hosted our mix tape. I guess she took a liking to us. Got to be something. She’s been there every step of the way every single interview and believe in her. So far she said she will be with us. Shout outs to Ad The General. I guess our relationship is still growing as artist, cause were both artist. You can ask this question in another couple of months to get another answer.
(YUNG STAR) I first me A.D. The General at the age of 14, but she doesn’t remember. On the set of  “It’s not a Joke This Year” video shoot by my cousin ”Word Spit” shout to Word Spit. We spoke a little bit that day, when I found out who she was again cause Doug came to me and said A.D. will be hosting the mixtape. I didn’t recognize the name but when I got to the radio station and saw her I was like ooo, that’s u? She hit me with who are you? (laughs) it’s cool it’s been a good while she’s real cool and down to earth we can have a converstaion on the artist tip. I respect everything she’s doing as she respect’s what I’m doing. I don’t co sign to much but I will co sign. Our manager told us a lot about the connections and network A.D. has and she does, everything she said would happen has.


E.H.M.P.: Who brought you to Pulsar Entertainment? What has this meant to your respective careers?

YS & K: (YUNG STAR) I was introduced to Pulsar Ent through my father. Now my father big Dave shout out to big Dave. He was friend’s with Doug for a long time. At first I was doing so many things on my own and with my father. That we hadn’t had the opportunity to actually link and work. Some time had went by and I noticed some things were changing. He was actually doing something. I’ve had so many ppl tell me they can do this and that and it doesn’t fall through.  With that being said, I said let’s go over there again. Went over there everything was good. Like you know what this is where we going to be. I’m comfortable ever since than, nobody really knew me I wasnt known just in my hood. It wasnt where it is now. Now I’m on so many differnt radio stations it’s retarded. Pulsar Ent took it to another level. I saw myself on a website and remember banging on the desk somewhere. I loved it. Doug didn’t even know I was on there. I was happy to know I can be googled. I’ve been running with Pulsar for two years now. Looking back from then till now, I see I have made some progress. Thanks to Doug.

(KARDIAK) Our first goal was to be googled. It’s not even like the progress was getting in the studio for a little while. It’s an on going thing. It’s still the beginning. When I told people I was on a mix tape. Shout out to Doug for making that happen. they was like ooo Kardiak is on a mixtape, then they thought that was it. Then I’m on a album, then they heard I was coming out with my own album. Then I’m coming out with my own mix tape. Cause of Pulsar we’ve been able to keep moving, It has to be something. I swear I’m not wasting my time. I know youg star not wasting his time and I know pulsar isn’t wasting his time. I know this is going to be something and going to do something. And it’s all because of that meeting. When Doug heard me spit. I dont like riding somebodies coat tale. I have never been that kind of dude. That’s not how I was brought up!! I didn’t even want to spit his Yung Star father was like go in. He put some beats on and I attacked them. Like he said he loved them and we’ve been going hard since. Pulsar is like a family to me and that’s like what you said A.D. this is a business. You dont know what will happen in the future but right now Pulsar is where its at. This is where its going to happen thanks to Pulsar.


E.H.M.P.: Can you tell us about your future projects?

(KARDIAK) I have alot of shows coming up. Did my first show, Shout outs to Pulsar for he made that happen. Shout out to william, still a little nervous I want peolpe to hear me. That will over power the nervousness. I have this project coming up called Kadik chronicles, every week I’m going to drop a freestyle on a industry beat, If I can get some regular beats I will do that. I’m aiming to get a lot of beats from artist I respect that’s already in the industry. And hit them with some bars with a different concept and a bunch of different free styles. Just to let them know every week I’m going to put out something out for free just so people know I’m out here. I want people to know who I am through my music. That’s the best way for people to get to know you. Then I have my mix tape coming out in the summer time followed by my first album coming out called “Surrounded by my thoughts” that’s going to be crazy. I’m tellin y’all real rap from a real dude, who’s willing to give u a piece of me. There’s alot of artist that don’t want to be honest. I’m not scared to be myself and I’m ready be honest.

(YUNG STAR) Like I said I have “legal injection” dropping and we got my solo album “Mind of a Teen” in the works. Alot of show’s lined up, will be at the five spot coming up. We will be performing at Elegant Hoodness Musical Program on the 21st of May. Shout outs to Elegant Hoodness. You can find me all over the place.
E.H.M.P.: What’s next for Kardiak and Yung Starr?


(KARDIAK) Like I told you a lot of shows, a lot of music. What I have coming out in June. “Surrounded by my thoughts” coming out that’s my first album. Just trying to be in everybody face. At the end of the day music is all about dedication and progress. So what I plan to do is be at as many venues as possible. Elegant Hoodness is one of them. Anything I can get on. If I got to pay a dude cause he got a buzz, I’m a do it. Trying to be everywhere.

(YUNG STAR) In my eye’s my next step is to just be better in everything every aspect of my career. Elevate my shows elevate my music elevate my name. I plan to be doing a whole lot more interviews and shows. I have a show coming up at the five spot. You will also see me at Elegant Hoodness Musical Program April 2o in NYC. I have my solo mixtape on May 25 called “Lethal Injection” so be sure to get that. Right now we have our Audio Man Slaughter mixtape hosted by A.D. The General, thats fire. Then following my mix tape we have my solo album ” Mind of a Teen” in the stores right now and on itunes. My first single “Run this” off the audio man slaughter mix tape. Progress is still the process.


E.H.M.P.: How can your fans contact you?

(KARDIAK) Kardiak spit’s fire on facebook. Lots of videos and free styles: coming up real soon. Twitter @kardiak84 on twitter
(YUNG STAR) twitter @yung_star


WRITTEN BY: JAY, AD THE GENERAL, SPECIALGIFT
COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011


Gifted (N.A.N.)
"It just comes naturally." This phrase has been used to describe some of the world's greatest entertainers, athletes, comedians, and writers. "Gifted" definitely falls into this category. With his vivid lyrics, witty punch lines and uncanny ability to create a "hook" at a moments notice, Gifted is a born natural. After enduring numerous hardships, Gifted would join with A.D. the General to create N.A.N., a rap duo, that is destined to change the way that hip hop is done in 2011. Gifted is looking forward to proving his haters wrong, through hard work, perseverance, dedication, determination, and a willingness to achieve, and he's well on his way. "The Natural" has arrived.
E.H.M.P.: Describe who "Gifted" is?
GIFTED: GIFTED is nothing and everything meaning to the haters I am nothing to the people that really know GIFTED I am everything. I say in my music nothing more nothing less than a Nothing Ass Nigga 4 life.

E.H.M.P.: What is your relationship with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program? with A.D. the General?

GIFTED
E.H.M.P is a dream of N.A.N. that came true. Away that we could stay tap in to the realness of HIP HOP, No matter how far we made it.

E.H.M.P.: Who inspires you?

GIFTED: [AD/GETTY/BIG/GIFTED]

E.H.M.P.: As an MC, what do you feel is your biggest asset?

GIFTED The way I can make any kind of song.

E.H.M.P.: Which song that you have done is your favorite? Why?

GIFTED: THIS IS MY SONG/because it was the first song I ever did. When I hear the song now, it still sound’s new to me.

E.H.M.P.: Besides being an MC, what other goals are you looking to accomplish in the entertainment field?

GIFTED: To be a NOTTHING ASS NIGGA there is no limit’s as far as we can make it before we die past the top.

E.H.M.P.: Where do you see yourself in 4 years?

GIFTED: Making good music.

E.H.M.P.: Any upcoming projects?                                      
GIFTED: YES we got the “Ready For War” LP on the way after the tour an some big biz moves. You know the same old N.A.N.


Written by: Jay
Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2011






Thrilla Cartel




Originally from South Jamaica neighborhood of Queens New York, Thrilla was raised by his mother and later his older sister. As a young man Thrilla had to go through more than enough as a child. With his stepfather in the picture, who was known for selling narcotics and a mother spending a lot of her time out on the town, it was expected to take its toll on him. Typically Thrilla would come home to arguments over drugs and police constantly coming to the house trying to prove their case of drug trafficking. Although Thrilla was involved in sports such as basketball in school, he still became affiliated with multiple gangs and began selling drugs, robbing fellow classmates for money and engaging in street fights for credibility. Trying to get away from some of the negativity between his mother and him, and the incarceration of his step father who was charged and convicted for the distribution of narcotics (serving a sentence of almost 10 years) from Feb 2001 to July 2010; Thrilla was recruited to play basketball for Montgomery College Up State NY. A fighting incident, lead to a bad reputation with the school and after about a year Thrilla decide to leave college. With all this going on, it was just a given for artist Thrilla to pursue his passion for music, which got him through a lot of the obstacles and negativity going on in his life. At times writing was like a bedtime story for him. Very strong willed not to be like his stepfather he chose to focus his talents on pursuing a career in music and is now an up and coming underground artist from New York.

E.H.M.P.: Thrilla Cartel is_____________________?

TC: Thrilla Cartel is an underground artist from a south Jamaica neighborhood of Queens in New York .

E.H.M.P.: What makes you different from the other indie artists out there?

TC: What makes me most different from every other artist I would have to say is my voice. I have an original sound , I don't sound like everyone else.

E.H.M.P.: How did you hear about The Eleganthoodness Musical Program?

TC: I was actually informed by my manager Joe he found out about it in the Barber Shop by a dude name EQ who told him about it.

E.H.M.P.: What were your emotions like after you found out that you had won the showcase on March 16th at Club Pyramid?

TC: Well I was surprised but more relieved after I won. You know anxious to get one under my belt you know. Let's just say I did my homework on these events politics as usual. But in this case I just wanted it more then the other guy even though he was a crowd favorite.

E.H.M.P.: What made you get into hip-hop?

TC: Well I fell in love with music at the age of 11 and had always loved drawing art since the age of 4..so I've always been an artist. but what made start actually writing was when Eminem came out with the Slim Shady LP, which motivated me to start writing instead of drawing my pictures.

E.H.M.P.: What's next for Thrilla Cartel?

TC: Well, what's next for Thrilla…damn!...A whole lot of showcases, radio interviews and studio time as I'm working on my third mixtape, which is untitled at the moment. Just grinding you know…"CAN'T STOP THE HUSTLE".

E.H.M.P.: Describe your sound. What are you trying to convey to the listeners of your music?

TC: My sound is what a person with some believers but millions of doubters, very little support but millions of haters would sound like if that person could write music and bleed their actions on paper. Lots of people say what moves them is hunger but I'm more than hungry I'm starving. I'm trying to convey motivation to create determined listeners to go out in the world and strive to their goal with dedication. You know, I mean it might sound crazy but everyday we live brings us a day close to not living. I'm just trying to make it before I'm taken.

E.H.M.P.: How do your fans contact you?

TC: My fans mostly contact me through the internet. Facebook.com/thrillacartel, Twitter.com/thrillacartel, Reverbnation.com, Myspace.com/thrillacartel and  Datpiff.com where you can download my current mixtape The Reconcruction.
 


WRITTEN BY: JAY, ADTHEGENERAL, SPECIALGIFTNAB
COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011









BEBE BOOHGZ



The cloud of dust is settling amongst the battle field; and as the warriors struggle to gain clarity of vision. They feel the earth shake and gaze in the distance at the silhouette of a massive figure and four words utter in the distance! "Fee Fi Fo Fum!" BeBe Boohgz is a giant that feels "the competition is nothing, I'm stepping on every muthaf*ka under the sun." His aggressive beats that embody that of an epic blockbuster movie and the sharp lyrics that this mc spews will rip your eardrums to shreds and you'll not only enjoy every moment, but you'll be left begging for more. Wipe your mouth you’re drooling. It’s not his tall statuesque that make him a giant, but his musical genius that mesmerizes his audience when he steps on stage and napalms the microphone. I was fortunate enough to attend the Elegant Hoodness showcase April 20, 2011 at Club Pyramid and all I’m going to say is "wow." His ability to grasp the audience attention and slay them with lyrical content is a testament that this young brother is ready! Fee Fi Fo Fum...

E.H.M.P: For those who don’t know briefly tell us who BeBe Boohgz is?

BB: Well 1st I want to say thank you for having me, it means a lot, and is greatly appreciated, and shouts out to you for that dope introduction. But BeBe Boohgz, is the guy that you hear on the tracks. I guess you can kind of say it’s my alter-ego. I only say that because, naturally the name BeBe Boohgz is my "Alias" (you know how us rappers do), but my real name is Arie Dixon. I have always found it weird to introduce myself to people as a name I gave myself, especially when my family and friends have called me Arie my whole life. But BeBe Boohgz, is the @$$Hole you hear all over the music, hahaha

E.H.M.P: You came in 1st place April 20 at The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program at club pyramid. Congrats. Talk to me about what you were feeling right before hitting the stage? What u were feeling when the entire audience chanted "845" along with during your performance? And how you felt when A.D. The General and the judges announced you the winner?

BB: Thank you, it was dope. I always get a little nervous before going on stage, but as soon as I step on it, I feel like Im home. There is always a sense of accomplishment when people start singing your songs back to you, especially when it’s there first time hearing it. Im just happy that people who have never seen me before, yet alone never hearing the music before, can identify and connect with what I am saying. When A.D. The General and the judges announced me the winner, of course it felt good. Im just happy that the judges and every liked the music, and received the performance well.

E.H.M.P.: How did you link up with A.D. The General & The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?
BB: Well A.D. The General and I have met a few years ago, when I was in one of her previous showcases, and I was in a group. But we were reacquainted recently through twitter. I seen that she had a radio show, on Street Market Radio, and they were playing unsigned acts, helping us get our name and music out there. Then when she was putting on the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program, she reached out to all of us up and coming artists. When I saw that 1st place prizes were things, that can and will help with my career, I was in there.

EHMP: What was your life like growing up listening to music and when did u decide that music is something you wanted to partake in?

BB: Well growing up and listening to music, for me at least, was basically what molded me. Music has always been in the house hold. From my brothers putting me on to some Hip Hop, from their era, or my sister beat boxing, and creating beats with her hands and mouth on any service she can find. To my mother roller skating around the house playing all kinds of music, to my father constantly playing some alternative music like Hootie and the Blow Fish, and Counting Crows, to straight Tupac. I won’t even get into the music that my friends played, but I’ve been surrounded by all kinds of music, and it has always been the Universal Language for me growing up. Hip Hop has always been my foundation; any form of music is what intrigues me. Especially music that can make you feel and spark an emotion.

EHMP: The song 845 is a very interesting and aggressive song. Please tell us bout "the place where the people don’t care and the white girls say #$%& the police."

BB: 1st let me give you quick geography lesson of where the 845 is. The 845 is an area code which serves the Hudson Valley (New York) counties of Rockland, Putnam, Orange, most of Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan, plus parts of Delaware, Greene, and Columbia counties. But I’m from the Dutchess County, Beacon NY to be exact, but it’s all the same. It’s basically between Westchester and Albany. I love the 845; it was and still is an amazing place to grow up as a kid. The people are down to earth, home bodies, and extremely diverse. But it’s definitely the country. My road manager and childhood friend, Los and I were back home, shooting the video for "Arie Dixon is My Name" and we were reflecting about growing up in the 845, and he made a joke saying we are black rednecks, hahaha. Only because where we grew up is the country, and naturally growing up, doing and seeing normal country activities was the norm. For example there are farms and a bunch of wild animals, as well as complete silence and clear star filled skies at night. But if you really think about, the 845 is just like the majority of the United States. It’s a place that is ran, and held together by the middle class. Hard working people, that aren’t asking for much, they just want happiness and to see their community prosper, and evolve for the better. So Shout Out to the 845.

EHMP: When did you discover you were not only a mc but a producer as well? Its becoming more common to hear mc/producer (beat maker), what make Mr. Dixon different?

BB: Well I’ve always dabbled in making music since I was young. I started rapping in the 6th grade when my best friend Chris Mendes (R.I.P.) just randomly asked me if I wanted to rap during recess. Which was dope because we weren’t even trying to do anything but have fun with it. It was shortly after that when I started to venture off into trying to produce my own music. But the turning point that forced me to enhance my skills in producing was when I was in a group, in high school. We downloaded a free beat off of soundclick.com and recorded, what we thought could have been a smash hit single. In reality it was just a blueprint, and it needed a ton of work, but we contacted the producer to buy the beat, and he said that he already sold it. So from there on out, I told myself, im not going through that again, and I just taught myself how to create the music I heard in my head.

I don’t know what makes me different from other producers. But the one thing that makes me, ME, as far as being a producer, is that I am also an artist. So when producing a song, I love to add instruments, and sounds that will accent the feeling that I am trying to get across with each line. Not to mention I just love the creative process, its fun to me.

HMP: A simple enough question. Why do you rap?

BB: I rap for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that I made a promise to my best friend Chris Mendes, that people will know his name and how much he has changed my life. He's the reason why I even knew I had a voice. Another reason is that, I feel like I have something to say, and a story to tell. But it’s funny, because I have never been the guy who liked to jump into cypha’s, and do random freestyles to show off my skills, because Im not doing this to be the "nicest" or to show off my skills. I didn’t start this because of the benefits, it literally saved my life, and it’s my form of self expression. I do this because I love art, and this is my art. Not to mention I also just love it.

EHMP: How do you see yourself different from other rappers, mc's, musical artist, etc?

BB: Um, that’s a really good question. It’s funny because I never really analyzed myself, or compared myself to other artists because I believe that if you are 100% yourself, then there is no competition. But what makes me different I guess you can say is that I am extremely passionate, and I try to portray that through my music.

EHMP: Who did BeBe Booghz grow up listening to as a youngster?

BB: HAHAHAHA, hmm, well growing up, DMX (the, "its dark and hell is hot" - "And then there was X" dmx) Eminem, Jay Z, Tupac, Busta Rhymes, Lauren Hill and Method Man were my favorites as far as hip hop was concerned. But to branch off of hip hop for a second, I listened to Marilyn Manson, Jewel, The Cranberries, Alanis Morissette, Green Day, Sound Garden, Stone Temple Pilots, just to name a few. But it’s funny because I never indulged into the actual artists or bands. I just loved the songs they put out, and would play them until I played it out.

EHMP: In 2 years where do you see your musical endeavors taking you?

BB: At the rate, that my team and I are going, and the way they grind, in 2 years, I see my musical endeavors taking me to heights that will make me a house hold name. Not saying that in a cocky way, but my personal goals are set, and working to attain them. For example I’m going to move to Norway, have 3 farms in 3 different countries, and at least 2 businesses that are established over seas, one being in an independent country, and music being the catalyst to catapult it all. So since that is what I am after, in 2 years, I have no choice to be at least a household name. But doing it all the right way; enjoying life along the way and meeting dope new people.



WRITTEN BY: MAD SCIENTIST
COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011






MKD


Matthew Kyle Daniel (Born in1988 in Kansas City, Missouri) better known by his stage name as MKD, is a versatile artist. His musical career has spanned 8 years, during which he has performed shows in St. Louis, Missouri, Houston, Texas, and Topeka, Kansas just to name a few. MKD is known for his sense of originality from style, to lyrics. He's also the youngest recording artist of the group "Evagrind Entertainment." In 2008, MKD was included on the track (and accompanying video) "On my Giggity" from fellow recording artist "Jvanizz". The record later developed an exceptional buzz, and from then, "Evagrind Entertainment" became afloat.

MKD started his rap career influenced by the rush he received after winning many local talent shows. Early in his career, MKD would travel to different schools along with the "Increase the Peace" program to perform for kids and to discuss keeping peace in their environment. Taking the initiative early to give back to his community through music.

MKD works with various local but elite artists such as, Steve Yancey, Jae Casino, and partner in crime, Jvanizz. He's done historic venues such as, Summer Jam 3 which was held in June, 2010, at the Sandstone Amphitheater, Bonner Springs, Kansas. His latest accomplishment would be, winner of the 2011 theElegant Hoodness Musical Program (EHMP) hosted by A.D. the General (HHH Radio/Blog talk Radio/Ustream.tv/nantv, New York City).
MKD works very closely with his Producer Joey Bounce. MKD and Joey Bounce teamed up for the hit single I Go feat Steve Yancy. Mkd and Joey Bounce are now working on MKD's first Studio Recorded Album "Front Row Seat", with Bounce taking the lead on Production. With his new single, "Make it look easy", MKD plans to accomplish what no other young artist in his city has ever come close to, worldwide exposure. "Since Tech N9ne, I've yet to see any other artists in my city prevail, and for that matter, overcome. I just want to be, I just want to be successful! Haaaaaaaaa!" says MKD. As for starters though, his FIRST debut album "Front Row Seat" is set for release on August 17, 2011.



NAB: When did you decide to pick up the mic and make it more than just a hobby?




MKD: I picked up the mic when I was 11 years old. After a couple years, I noticed a change in my style, so I began to "find" myself.




NAB: With each show performances as I see you have done numerous; do you feel that you've learned something new with each experience?




MKD: Everyday, on and off stage. I always keep my eyes and ears open to what's going on around me, and I STAY asking questions! I'm trying to work on the business side of things also. You can never learn TOO much.




NAB: What would you say your biggest accomplishment has been thus far?




MKD: Hands down, I would definitely say the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program! It's a gigantic step for nationwide exposure.




NAB: How would you say it felt to win number 1 at the 2011 Elegant Hoodness Musical Program and what was the energy like?




MKD: The feeling was priceless. It was indescribable, and to this day I can feel that energy. Haven't felt energy like that since Summer Jam '10.




NAB: What do you think about the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program and the opportunities they give indie artist?




MKD: This is by far the most helpful and organized program I've ever participated in! I think if you take FULL advantage of the opportunities that are given, whether you place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, your chances of being exposed are THAT much greater. Go for it!




NAB: I see you have a debut album "Front Row Seat" scheduled for release mid August of this year, what does the title represent and what can listeners expect from it?




MKD: You can expect a lot of different feels from this album. I like the listeners to experience different vibes, so that it's difficult to categorize me. I like to keep em guessing on what I come up with next.




NAB: What is your mission as an artist? Where can artist find more of your music and keep in contact with you?




MKD: My main mission is to make a change. Whether it is in my city, or in a fan's life, I just want to make a positive impact that people notice and respect. I'm human first, artist second. Also, you can check out my latest project, "Menace II Sobriety" (hosted by DJ Soul MUTT) on datpiff.com! Search "MKD". Also check us out on Youtube search "Evagrind Ent".




WRITTEN BY: GSTEAM843
COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011'


No comments:

Post a Comment