Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DEME (Buzz Factor) Stand Up or Fall Back Issue

E.H.M.P: Congratulations on your recent win at The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program NY, How did you feel once you were announced winner?

DEME: Thanks! I was hyped! There were a lot of good acts there that night. It was a great moment for me.

E.H.M.P: How long have you been rapping? Do you remember the first eight bars you've ever written? If so, can we hear it?

DEME: I've been writing rhymes off and on for fifteen years, recording off and on for ten. I’ve been focused for the last six, though. I stopped the off and on shit. My team Lynk Fam has been on it. (laughs) No, I can’t remember my first eight bars.

E.H.M.P: What separates you from the average rapper? What makes your story different than the rest?

DEME: What separates me is just that I am a rapper. I’m not a hustler or gangster that happens to rap in my spare time. I’m about the music and the art to me; I've always been a student of the game. A lot of rappers today brag about not caring about their craft. I definitely want to be respected as a MC. My story isn’t really different. I’m from the slums; I grew up in poverty and middle class sections, trying to use my passion to find a way out. In my music I present my similar story with creativity so it doesn’t come off as generic.

E.H.M.P: What’s the creative process for you like?

DEME: It depends. Sometimes I already have a concept to build off of or I might already have a hook to work with. Sometimes if I get a beat I might just vibe and keep zoning to the track until something starts flowing. Making the music is my favorite part most definitely.

E.H.M.P: Who are your favorite five rappers of all time?

DEME: That’s hard because like I said I’m a hip-hop junkie, I’ll say Method Man, Nas, Prodigy, Biggie, LL Cool J. There are so many more, though. I was heavy on BCC, Scarface, Fugees, too. But those five played a major role in my life when I was coming up.

E.H.M.P: Where do you see yourself a year from now?

DEME: I want to be a heavy presence in the underground scene as far as being recognized and viewed as the next nigga who you should look out for. Keep building my core audience. I want DJs, promoters, producers to be familiar with my face and my music. Then I can take that next step.

E.H.M.P: Any thank you or shout outs?

DEME: Lynk Fam we out here, Amazin G.A.D, Dutch Anthemz

 


Written by A.D. The General
Courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment