Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Buck the President (E.H.M.P.) Stand Up or Fall Back Issue

E.H.M.P.: You are from queens originally and you reside in Florida? Why the change of scenery? And how is music different in both regions?

BUCK: Yea, I like to travel. I needed to get away from the busy city and just concentrate on the music, especially since I started dabbling in production, and Florida is as good a place as any. Sunshine, Palm trees, Beaches and Extraordinary foliage. Get my mind right and think of a master plan, full commitment to my music business CampPain Records. NY or traditional “east coast” music is hard gritty bang punch line and metaphor heavy. The music out here is more up tempo dance orientated. More of a hyper bop! More concentrated on sound than thought. There are some real spitters out here but most focus on the beat and the hook.

E.H.M.P.: Why the name Buck ? Does it mean anything?

BUCK: Yea it means I clap niggas son lol. Buck actually came from my basketball days. I had decent game and in NY all good players get a nickname. My first name is Quinn so people called me Quinn Buckner who is an ex NBA player. That turned into Buckner, which turned into Buck. I kept it as part of my rap name Buck The President because to me the president represents the whole system and “normalcy”. Buck is the sound of a shot. Together it represents a shot at the system, a kind of resistance to conforming, Buck The President!

E.H.M.P.: Talk to us about your style of music. How has growing up in queens influenced your music?

BUCK: I like to describe my style as style(s). Meaning I like to make all kinds of music. When people get a Buck The President project I want them to be ready for anything. Any tempo or topic no pigeonhole, just know that the bars are going to be some shit and the word play will be something to cherish. I always go hard with my lyrics, line for line no filler or filter. My style has been described as dark, but if I had to pick one word to describe it I would call it Lyrical.

E.H.M.P.: What is more important to you, your lyrics or the production?

BUCK: My lyrics definitely. Don’t get me wrong I understand the allure of a catchy tune and I appreciate it, but I feel like the right cadence and lyrics can make an average beat a hot song. Flow!

E.H.M.P.: Where do u see yourself a year from now?

BUCK: A year from now I see myself with a few songs that I have written or produced in heavy global rotation, touring and working on new music with a few artists under my production, labels chasing me to politic a deal for CampPain Records. Getting into television and movies, behind the scenes and on the screen nahmean.

E.H.M.P.: Where can we reach you and listen or download music?

BUCK: I have a webpage www.buckthepresident.us. All my music is available to download there.
Twitter: @BuckThePresi
Reverbnation: The President, Buck
Facebook: The President, Buck
Facebook: CampPain Radio

Written by A.D. The General

Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment