Thursday, November 8, 2012

B Dubb (Ear Hustlin') Stand Up or Fall Back Issue

Royalty Magazine: What's good? How's life treating you? Well 2012 crept in, out and is dam near gone!  What are some of your greatest accomplishments or memories from this year?

BDubb: What it do "T"...long time. Over the past year I really set myself at elevating my mind for this eulogy mixtape. After going back and forth with it, I feel like Ive done just that.  I've also handled my personal affairs outside of music to make me elevate as a man as well.

Royalty Magazine: What can we expect to hear or see from you in 2013?  Any upcoming projects or tracks we should be checking for?  What projects are you working on now?

BDubb: Right now I'm focusing on pushing my new MixTape "The Euolgy" and hoping to work on a couple shows out towards the west coast as well as connect with some contacts I have up the sleeve.

Royalty Magazine: If you had a chance to appear in the BET Cypha, what artists would you team up with? What beat would you want to rock to?

BDubb: Well (other than my unit of course NEGAST ENT.) I wouldn't mind having Meek Millz start it off. Then J. cole...then I would get 2 chainzz up in there. Then me. Then I would finish it with the Best freestyle man in the game...ICON Reggie Noble. He's always been one of the best to do it. 

Royalty Magazine: How do you feel about the current state of hiphop? Are you familiar with the term hip-pop? Are you feeling hip-pop at all or do you think it has an impact on the watering down of hip-hop?

BDubb: There are a lot of new representations of hip hop in the game today. Some people feel it...some don't. Some I am digging and I like the picture they set. And others I may not rock wit too much. But at the end of the day, hip hop is all about expression. So if it works for you, it more than works for me. Anything less would be a major glass of hate you sipping on. And I wasn't cut from that side homes.

Royalty Magazine: Which era of music (past or present) has affected you the most or has had the most impact on you as an artist?  How would you describe your style as an artist?  What makes B-Dubb stand out from the rest?  Please elaborate.
BDubb: I feel like a mixture of both past and present helps hip hop as well as life. Love my past peoples that got me through times...THE KING BIGGIE, PAC, BIG PUN, FREEKY TAH (R.I.P. BIG HOMIE LB THANG) ss well as JAY-Z, 50 CENT, COMMON, BUSTA (always on my list til this day), and a whole bunch of others I could name for days. Then there is some people I keep in the pod like JEEZY, GUCCI, 2CHAINZZ, J.COLE, NIPSEY HUSTLE ( ALL $$$ IN IM RIDIN) and my new rotation selection MEEK MILLZ ss well as a couple of underground artists most people don't even know like BIG GRAND, 911KEV (I see you Bii), LEXX911 (A.T.M.) & much more. 

So with so many different types & styles, the current place to me is exactly where it should be. Now that doesn't mean that there aren't some people that should hang it up or should not have even been accepted in my league in the first place, but it is what it is...Hip Hop. And it's those same artists that I hear from my past as well as the people that I knock in the present, that give me the drive I need to be DUBB. Born to give the worlds painted picture from my eyes as well as show everyone what talents I hold. Expressing what part of hip hop I can speak on, which I can tell you is always "the Real". From the street nigga to the 9 to 5 homie to the homie on the stretch...I feel you! I live it and try to speak it. It's what I make and like to call GROWNMAN MUZIC FROM A GROWNMAN MOVEMENT.. And that's what makes DUBB. 

Royalty Magazine: You've been featured on Royalty Magazine as well as Streetz Radio quite a few times in the past.  How do you feel the Street Thoughts community helps artists when it comes to gaining exposure?  How did you become affiliated and what has kept you continuously supporting the movement over the years?

BDubb: Thats all thanks to the hard work and grind from a real fan and supporter "TAZDATMC". She shouted me out a few years back and since then we have linked on alot of things...and I'm sure it will be more to come.. That hard work alone is just one reason why Street Thoughts is a value.  From one side of the globe to your own back yard...they stay on the gru$$le! And if you don't feel that then you picked that hate juice back up....

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments or shot outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already?

BDubb: Dubb is someone that everyone needs to hear. Cause once you hear, you wont tune it out...trust. All my Brooklyn (Brownsville, Flatbush, Bed-sty) peoples and my Queens homies (Da Field, Bello, Mobzdale, Farmers, Guy r Brewer, Southside, Q ville) and all my NY peoples. All my NC fam (Raleigh, Durham, G-boro, Charoltte,) Shot out to everywhere else that rep Dubb.. All the the people that have been riding from the jump...DJ DON DEMARCO, DJ BEDTYME357, 44ST BULLDOGS 4LYFE, BEATFANATIK, SOLDIER, LIVE, BJDAFLYYBOY, B, EAZY (MY MAIN HOMIE), K, BIG CHRIS, MALI JOHNSON (DETROIT I SEE YA), IVY LEAGUE (E CITY WHAT UP), HOMIE JIGS, FOX, MURDA (WHAT IT DO HOMIE) and all those that I might have forgotten (EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER ARE). THANK YOU! KEEP RIDING. WE ALMOST THERE. NEGAST ENTERTAINMENT. WE IN HERE!!! FREE THE HOMIE ZIGGY ZAH. FREE THE HOMIE HOLLYWOOD.... IM RIDING.

Royalty Magazine: How can people keep up with you and/or check out your music? What sites or radio stations can people catch you on?

BDubb: You can hear me everywhere. Xm, 1fmjamz.com,xtreme104fm.com, Reverbnation (B.dubb), Twitter: @B_DUBBMUZIC. Youtube: B.dubb as well as NEGASTENT.COM. All mixtapes found on mixtapepass.com. as well as datpiff.com. Search all things B.DUBB. 

For bookings, songs, shows, etc. holla a tnegastent@gmail.com or Dubbbiz@gmail.com. Thanks for the love and see you on the next gru$$le!!!!    ITS DUBB!!!!!!!!!!!! gone!!!!!

Royalty Magazine: Much love & respect.

*Interview Courtesy of TazDatMC for Royalty Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment