Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strokes (Below the Radar) Summer Grind Issue 2012

STROKES is fresh off a second place win at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program grand opening in Columbia South Carolina April 14 2012 at Hot Rodz lounge and grill.  He has been rapping since he was 15 years of age. Now a college student graduate by the time this article is up and way on his way of achieving success in the music industry. STROKES has a great tone and super flow, along with a high energy performance. He has the support of his mom, which is also his manager along with his production team (13 productions). He is nominated for a “Top Ten Artists of The Year 2013” at The E.H.M.P. awards in NYC Jan 16 2013. He has already opened up for Travis Porter and Juvenile. You can purchase his latest album at Cdbaby.com, amazon.com, itunes.com,reverbnation.com/strizzystrokesj, and follow him on twitter.com/strizzystrokesj. Today we introduce to the readers a star in the makings, STROKES!!

STROKES





A.D. THE GENERAL: What does the name Strokes mean?

STORKES: The name Strokes came from my pops; growing up I was always called "lil Strokes" because of our close resemblance, so i took it and ran with it. Believe me when I tell you that its a name to remember!    

A.D. THE GENERAL: Do you remember the 1st rap you ever wrote? Give us a few bars off that.

STORKES: It's been 8+ years since my first rap but the song was called "Young Carolina Boyz" and me and my cousinBeezo Money went in on that song! 

A.D. THE GENERAL: How was your first experience at The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program? And would you recommend the program to other artists in SC?


STORKES: I always put on a show whenever I perform because i just like to entertain so i really enjoyed the experience. I encourage other artist to bring the A game because an AnR once told me that it takes 10 seconds to tell if an artist is worth their time, and five seconds to know if you're not. So if you get six minutes to perform it should be the best six minutes that you have ever had on stage. Every performance should be treated like its your concert and the audience is your fans.

A.D. THE GENERAL: What’s your goal as an artist? Why do you rap?

STOKES: My goal as an artist is to make to the next level and the next level, I plan to be the best entertainer in hip-hop history......Music is my life.

A.D. THE GENERAL: What has been your biggest accomplishment in music thus far?

STORKES: Opening shows for various artist such as Travis Porter and Juvenile and Performing in venues from Virginia to Georgia.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Where can our readers listen to your music?

STROKES: You can check out more from Strokes at Cdbaby.com, amazon. com, itunes.com, reverbnation.com/strizzystrokesj,  and follow me on twitter.com/strizzystrokesj.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Any last word and or shouts outs?


STROKES: S/O to the whole E.H.M.P family for the opportunity, the entire 13 Productz Ent. family 2012 is our year, Mz. Blendz from Blendzville Global, my Morris College family (FrontLine Souljaz) (2012 graduates), and to all my fans.....South Carolina to the death of me, I put on for my city!!!!

WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL

COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment