Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Curious Case Of Andre Benjamin

There are so many questions in this world that are without answer or are supposed to be beyond a simple answer. One would be the eternal question of “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?” Then there are the questions that have a more philosophical implication: “If God is omnipotent, why doesn’t he destroy evil?” It’s these types of questions that learned individuals have been trying to decipher forever. I myself, although nowhere near as intellectual, have a question that I am sure that everyone has been wondering…

When is Andre 3000 coming back for real?


It’s highly annoying the current state of things.

Early 1990s we were blessed with OutKast and I have been in love since ATLiens. And everything that followed that has been epic. To me the highest points would have to be two of my favorite OutKast albums: Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Two juggernauts as far as albums go. I can name at least twenty songs that I like from all of them. But I won’t. I just say that to make a point.

Around about the time of Idlewild (both the album and the movie), the acting bug hit 3 Stacks and we saw him play wonderfully in a few films, the foremost amongst those being Four Brothers. I applauded his versatility and appreciated him for being another musical artist to seamlessly fall into acting. But I still wanted to hear him rhyme.

And he did…occasionally.

You’d hear him come through and completely wreck a remix or do magic on a feature.

The two most recent?

Beyonce’s “Party” on her 4 album and Young Jeezy’s “I Do” from the Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition album.

Granted I am always happy to hear a fellow Georgian do what he is best at but the sporadic nature of it is growing to be too annoying to keep quiet about. I need more from him.

In light of the fact that Cee Lo and the boys have reconciled and promised us a new Goodie Mob album, I want a new OutKast album. Or even a solo album from Andre, at least.

Big Boi is carrying the OutKast banner alone these days. His solo album was beastly and I need the same from his partner in crime in short order.

Look, I understand that Andre 3000 has children and interests that he seeks to pursue but you have fans as well. You wouldn’t be able to do any of these things without us first loving you enough to make you famous. So please come back to us.

No more hit and run features, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment