Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TLC - Meant to Be!


First of all, I am a huge TLC fan, but I can admit when the movie was in talks months ago, I was a little a skeptical about who would play certain roles and how they would be portrayed.  Well I am proud to say that after watching "CrazySexyCool...The TLC Story", any doubt I had was wrong!  This movie was the ish!  I mean dam, can you get any realer than TLC?  From Ain't to Proud to Beg to Digging on You, Creep, Scrubs, Red Light Special, Waterfalls, Un-Pretty...Oh My God! TLC was and still is the truth!  

I absolutely love this movie!  I mean I got chills just watching parts of it and how the actresses took us back to some real memorable moments.  It was like Dejavu how well these parts were played (especially Lil Mama) and how these ladies really took us into the lives of Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas.

TLC is one of the best selling female groups to ever do it!  But behind the scenes, it was just cold as well as confirmation on how dirty the industry could be.  I wish they would have got what was owed to them back then, but "man" can never repay or do what "God" can do.  No one can interfere with God's plan.  It was like no matter what happened...TLC was unstoppable.  No matter what obstacle they encountered, they always rose to the top.  It was like their story was meant to be told, to not only teach but to inspire others.  

I thank TLC from the bottom of my heart for the music and image they portrayed.  They showed the world "as a woman" that you didn't have to use your body to sell records.  You could use your talent and realness to connect to your fans in ways that others will never understand.  It was okay to speak your mind.  It was okay to be Crazy...Sexy...Cool!  It was okay to be you!  I hope that other upcoming female artists learn from artists like TLC, understand what they stood for and how they changed the game.   

To the haters:  Remember what happens in the dark, will come to the light.  

Luke 12:3 (NLT): Whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be shouted from the housetops for all to hear!



TLC...Always Meant To Be!   




If you have not seen this movie yet...you need to check it out!  Here is the link for the trailer: http://blog.vh1.com/2013-10-14/crazysexycool-the-tlc-story-supertrailer/



written by TazDatMC for Royalty Magazine
   

No comments:

Post a Comment