Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reek 610


REEK 610


E
.H.M.P.: Break down the meaning of your name Reek 610.
REEK 610: Reek is the nickname for my first name. I added the 610 because it's the area code where I'm from. My man told me there's a Reek in every hood so I added the 610!


E.H.M.P.: You recently won second place at The Elegant Hoodness in NYC. You've also received an early nomination for the Top Ten Artists of the Year Awards 2014. How was your experience and would you recommend others to the program?
REEK 610: It was a great experience. A lot of talented artists came out and did their thing. It's great promotion for up and coming artists who need more exposure. I strongly recommend it to anyone who is on their grind and wants to continue their music grind.


E.H.M.P.: Where can our listeners listen to or download your music?
REEK 610: Go to YouTube and type in Reek 610 and all the videos we have will be on there.


E.H.M.P.: What and who are some of your inspirations?
REEK 610: A lot of my raps are inspired from everyday situations I deal with. Some of my musical inspirations are Jay-Z, Drake and Kanye West. They are all lyrically talented and great at what they do.

E.H.M.P.: What separates you from the average Philly rapper?
REEK 610: The main thing that separates me from the average Philly rapper is I'm not technically a "Philly" rapper. I'm about 20 minutes outside the city in a small town called Pottstown. Out here in the 610 we have our own unique sound that separates us from not only Philly but other parts of the world.

E.H.M.P.: Any last words and or shout outs?
REEK 610: Shout out 610 music and everybody apart of the 610 movement.


INTERVIEWED BY: A.DTHE GENERAL

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment