Thursday, May 9, 2013

Say Hello to "Jessica Ashley" - I Am Royalty Model!



Name: Jessica Ashley
Age: 24
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 129 lbs
Measurements:
Hair Color: Strawberry blonde
Eye Color: Green
Hobbies: Dancing, hiking, snorkeling, and of course photography are some of my favorites just to name a few.





Royalty Magazine: So how are you? What are some of your goals or plans for 2013? Tell us one thing you will do differently than previous years before?

Jessica: Hi! I'm great thanks for asking! I am looking forward to the new year! I plan to do a few things different this coming year. One will be to travel more! I love to travel and explore new places I have never been! This also allows me to work with a variety of different photographer and a variety of scenarios also.

Royalty Magazine: What sparked your interest in modeling? How did you get started and what were some of the first steps you took to turn your dream or interest into a reality?

Jessica: Last year I entered a photo contest to win free family photos. As one of the 10 semi finalists, I was asked to go and model a theme of the photographer’s choice. The theme this photographer choose for me was high fashion. The photographer set up a mini makeover where they did my hair, makeup, and provided me wardrobe for the shoot. My hair came out really cool, although I wasn't crazy about the makeup or wardrobe. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole experience and learned a thing or two from it, and in the end the photos came out great! This experience is what sparked my interest in modeling on a more permanent basis! After that I joined a model website called Model Mayhem to start getting more experience and shoots booked!


Royalty Magazine: What are some of your accomplishments and/or greatest moments so far as a model?

Jessica: My biggest accomplishments are my publications. The greatest moments are when I’m having fun being my dorky self in my shoots and all the classic candid pics we get out of those moments!

Royalty Magazine: Who would you say inspires you to do this and why?

Jessica: There are a few people who inspire me! First it would be my mom, then my aunt Jodi, and my son. My mom taught me how to be a strong hard worker, a go getter, and independent! My aunt Jodi was one of my best friends. She always told me I could be anything I wanted and to always fight for my dreams and never give up! She recently passed away and it was extremely hard on me. I will miss her very much and she will always be in my heart! My son inspires me to continue pushing forward everyday and be thankful for everything I have and all of the wonderful things I have accomplished and continue to accomplish.

Royalty Magazine: Society and media have a certain standard they uphold in order to be considered beautiful or successful. These standards are a lot of times unrealistic and don't always portray your everyday average individual. Yet people are developing eating disorders, getting plastic surgery and dying just to live up to these non-realistic standards. How do you feel about that and have you yourself ever struggled with any of these issues? What is considered beautiful and/or successful in your eyes?

Jessica: Well, personally I think that what society thinks is beautiful has been taken to far. Being beautiful doesn't mean you have to be a size zero, and look anorexic the way most famous models do. To me being beautiful consists of much more. I am a bit more curvy and I embrace my curves I don’t want to be stick thin. I am not perfect and do have flaws, but if you learn to accept your flaws that in itself makes you beautiful! I also think that being beautiful has a lot to do with personality and how you represent yourself! You can be gorgeous but have a bad attitude and that will take all your beauty away.

Royalty Magazine: Any advice to anyone who feels that they need to sacrifice who they are just to be what the world considers "beautiful"?

Jessica: Don’t sacrifice yourself to live up to someone else's standards of beauty. You are beautiful in your own way and that’s what makes you special and unique! BE YOURSELF!

Royalty Magazine: How will you use your beauty and/or talents to make a difference in this industry? What is one thing you would want the world to always remember about you?

Jessica: I will never forget where I came from or all the struggles I have gone through to get where I am today. I truly thank any and everyone who has been by my side and helped me in some way in life. Without those people I would not be where I am today!With this in mind I want to use my success to help others less fortunate to see and believe there is light at the end of the tunnel and with hard work and persistence you can get what you desire out of life!

Royalty Magazine: What is one thing you would want the world to always remember about you?

Jessica: I would want the world to remember me for me! The real me! The loving, fun, caring, person I am :)

Royalty Magazine: Congrats on winning our Mr. or Mz. Royalty contest. What motivated you to enter this model search and how do you feel about your win so far? Did you know at the time you entered you would end up being a winner? Was there any point & time when you felt like you wouldn't win?

Jessica: Thank you! I entered this contest because contests motivate me to win and better myself as a model! When you enter a contest you promote yourself more and promoting yourself is a big part of your level of success! When I first entered I didn't know for sure I would be a winner, but I always thought that I would! There was never a point I thought I wouldn't win! It always better to think of the glass as half full instead of half empty. Positive thought and positive energy beings more positive to your life and vice versa.

Royalty Magazine: You grinded hard from the time you entered the contest up until the very end, how did you stay motivated and so consistent when it came to getting your peeps to vote? Why is it equally if not more important to do self promoting in this business versus just posting up a pic and hoping to get results?

Jessica: If you don’t promote yourself you will stay standing still. The more you promote the better chance of winning and getting your name out there you have! I don’t always expect to win right now, I do everything in thought that I will have a greater reward for my efforts later in life in the bigger picture. If you can wait and refrain from instant gratification you acquire greater success in the long run! Took me a long time to learn this!

Royalty Magazine: What has your fan/support response been since you've won? How do you feel movements like Street Thoughts & Royalty Magazine help talent gain exposure? Would you recommend our Mr. or Mz. Royalty contest to other models or artists looking to increase their exposure and/or to build brand visibility?

Jessica: My fan support has gone up a bit :) and if it wasn't for contests like this one it would be much harder to get exposure. I recommend to all future contestants to stay focused and promote promote promote.

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments or shot outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already?

Jessica: I would like to thank all of my friends, family, and fans for their support and encouragement to continue to be me and I am thankful for the opportunity to share my work with everyone! :) XOXO ~ Jess

Royalty Magazine: Thank you for your time and congrats on your win! You are Royalty!

For more on Jessica Ashley, please visit http://royalty-magazine.blogspot.com/p/say-hello-to-jessica-ashley.html or click here.


written by
TazDatMC

No comments:

Post a Comment