Tuesday, May 7, 2013

International Nova - EMG




Royalty Magazine: What's good? How's life treating you?

Nova: Man, all is well. Can't complain.

Royalty Magazine: Before we talk about the new year, let's reflect back a little on 2012. What do you think you will remember most about 2012 as an artist? What were some of your greatest moments or accomplishments?

Nova: Definitely securing my new record deal and starting my own company (Eminent Multimedia, LLC.) and securing a distribution deal for it.

Royalty Magazine: What will you remember most about the world in 2012?

Nova: Hurricane Sandy. To watch my hometown go through that was crazy.

Royalty Magazine: As a country, how do you think we can prevent some of the same that happened in 2012 from happening again? What will you do as an individual or artist to help with that change or stand up for what you believe in?

Nova: I just think we as people need to open our eyes to what's going on around us. The world is going through a change and maybe we should change along with it.

Royalty Magazine: Speaking of the world, a lot of people are lost, making bad decisions, going crazy, hooked on drugs, and just confused about what's right and what's wrong. If you had a chance to speak with someone who was on the verge of snapping or just being consumed by the wicked ways of the world, what would you say?

Nova: I would say that God has a plan for all of us. We need the bad days to show us just how great the good days really are.

Royalty Magazine: How would you use your voice to try to breakthrough?

Nova: I definitely try to display a positive image for the world to see. At the end of the day we are role models to our fans and listeners, regardless if we like it or not.

Royalty Magazine: Have you yourself ever struggled with any of these issues? If so, what was the end result and/or what was your breakthrough point?

Nova: I went through losing my home to a fire and losing everything I had. I broke down but then I realized that maybe, just maybe I had to go through this to make it to where I needed to be. Then I started grinding to get back on my feet. All of this happened in 2010.

Royalty Magazine: Tell us one thing that you will do differently this year than previous years before.

Nova: Honestly, just grind harder.

Royalty Magazine: What can we expect to hear or see from you in 2013? Any upcoming projects, tours, or tracks that we should be looking out for? Anything that you are promoting now?

Nova: Definitely have some stuff coming. My album will be released in late May 2013. So you should definitely go to Best Buy, Target, or iTunes and purchase it. We're looking to start the promo tour soon as well.

Royalty Magazine: So what is the focus for the new year and your music?

Nova: Just to deliver or should I say keep delivering quality music to the listeners froim all the artists on EMG.

Royalty Magazine: As we speak of a new year and new things, is there any subject matter that you'd like to touch on?

Nova: Just that we really need to open our eyes to the things going on around us. We as a people need to wake up. Nothing is given to us in this world. You need to go out and work for it, put that grind in.

Royalty Magazine: Who are some other artists that have worked with and/or would like to work with?

Nova: Well, on this album I have songs with Hussein Fatal (Outlawz), Tony Sunshine (Big Pun's protege), Fred The Godson, Shorty Mack, Zieme, Sacario just to name a few. I would love to get in the studio with Diddy one day.

Royalty Magazine: If you had a chance to appear in the BET Cypha, what artists would you team up with? What beat would you want to rock to?

Nova: What artists? EMG, of course!

Royalty Magazine: There is a lot of controversy behind Free Masons and artists being affiliated or products of the Illuminati? How do you feel about this and do you believe that the Illuminati exists?

Nova: I definitely believe they exist and I don't believe the hype of rappers being a part of the Illuminati. At the end of the day the government sees us as an enemy. Why would the elitists of the government accept us into their secret society?

Royalty Magazine: Having industry connections, have you yourself seen or heard anything that can confirm any of these controversies?

Nova: I have heard several things. But I don't go by what others tell me. I rather see it myself.

Royalty Magazine: Major label or independent? What would your choice be and why?

Nova: Right now, we're independent with major label distribution. I wouldn't change anything about it.

Royalty Magazine: Any advice to upcoming artists trying to break into the industry but don't have the support of a label or major backing?

Nova: Don't depend on anyone to do something for you, do it yourself, and put the grind in behind your brand.

Royalty Magazine: Any last words, comments, or shout outs? Anything you want to touch basis on that we haven't already? Any misconceptions that you would like to clear up?

Nova: Just want to shout out my EMG team for believing in me and this brand, Magu Clothing for supporting the movement, my loved ones, family, and the fans for supporting International Nova and EMG. As far as misconceptions, not really. We're an open book. No reason to hide anything.

Royalty Magazine: How can people keep up with you and/or check out your music? What sites or radio stations can people catch you on?


Royalty Magazine: Much love and respect. Thank you for your time!

written by 

TazDatMC & Lucius Black for Royalty Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment