Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Buzz Factor Part II (Spring Ahead Issue) 2012

Buzz Factor Continues...


Murdakkh is by far one of New Jersey’s top artists. His clarity on the microphone has set him apart from his fellow artist. Murdakkh was raised in America but his roots go back to Belize Central America. He learned from young that lyrics alone were not the answer. He has set out to be the main producer on his up and coming album “The warm up”. With an appetite for music Murdakkh is preparing for his six course meal. Right now he is gearing up for his month tour in June of this summer in the state of California. The tour is called “Who’s next to blow”. With all the excitement buzzing around the artist of course the press would find his story intriguing. In the start of this year he has been the talk of not only his fans, fellow artist but also London own Niji Magazine. They will be covering Murdakkh’s daily movements while on tour to bring light to the actual life of an independent artist on tour. With his album “The warm up” coming in the later part of the summer, fans and Murdakkh him self is excited to see the end result.
Murdakkh for the last two years has been working with Aireal Apparel a Virginia based clothing line company. He met the owner J.R Bautista online via face book. Murdakkh was working on the visual part of his album and was excited about the products Aireal Apparel has put out. Aireal Apparel invited Murdakkh out in the summer of 2010 to the Asia American Basketball Association (AABL) to perform. Since the then Murdakkh and Aireal Apparel relationship has grown to where the clothing line company has offered to be the artist Sponsor for his tour. With that said Murdakkh’s decided to create his first single around the concept of one of Aireal Apparel biggest selling products, the fly or die T-shirt. The Fly or die single will have a 12 week national radio campaign thru PF and Associates. With the single receiving national airplay we know “The warm up” album will definitely have a successful 1st week sale.
E.H.M.P: It's my pleasure to interview artist Murdakkh. How you and what are do your represent as an artist/producer?
Murdakkh: I am doing pretty good thanks for asking. I am a hip hop artist from Jersey.
E.H.M.P: Tell us more about the album "The Warm Up" and your strategy for the success of this project?
Murdakkh: The warm up is my first real big release on my new label Vicious Production. When we went into recording the project the main focus was getting some collaboration in with fellow artist in my area. The Warm up has about 5 to 6 features with artist like Le Doubleny, Luey P, Newton, Bumpy 103rd, we just went in and recorded 20 songs and took the best 10. I just wanted to be as free as possible in the creation of this project. I think you guys might like some of the skits.
E.H.M.P: How did it come about your performing in the "Who's next to Blow Tour" going on in California? What are your expectations on how you will be received?
Murdakkh: Actually the tour was quite bit of a disappointment. Not only did we not get out there but I had a big issue with the management of the tour. PF and associates I felt were not prepared for what they were asking from the artist. The company still owes me money for a plane ticket that was never resolved. So with that said Fuck PF and associates.
E.H.M.P: How did you connect with London's own Niji Magazine? How has that connection impacted your movement thus far?
Murdakkh: It was the winter of 2010 when I had a awesome opportunity to meet the editor Mr Michael Cox. He flew out from London to vacation in NY and I had the pleasure to sit down with him for an interview. We have kept in touch and have built our relation ship via twitter and face book. The connection has helped me so much. I will be flying out there to Camden; London for a show on May 19th 2012, hosted by NIJIMAGAZINE. I have been able to access more artists that are performing and touring because of my relationship with NIJI.
E.H.M.P: You have surely been blessed. Tell us what we can expect from your affiliation with Aireal Apparel Clothing Line, and the idea to incorporate "The Fly or Die" T Shirt with your single "The Fly or Die"?
Murdakkh: Well Aireal and I and have a lot of things working down the pipeline that we want to put in place. Def, we are going to plan a fashion show for late 2012 to spring 2013. I also will be doing a “Aireal Mix tape” called Fly or Die over the course of this year, with artist that I know and few on the rise thru out the states. I was trying to bridge the gap between designers and performing artist.
E.H.M.P: How did you become affiliated with A.D. The General and what are your views on the services the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Provides for artist to date?
Murdakkh: I have known A.D. for about 3 to 4 years on and off. Thru my underground connections with Remy aka Mr 13th and Titio Baez aka LOST, I was able to meet up with her again and had the blessing to win one of her Monthly competition. I know E.H.M.P is a good program that I’ve seen with my own two eyes help new and returning artist find there place to shine and be successful. I would not be surprised if E.H.M.P is not responsible for putting on a good percentage of underground artist in 2012 and beyond..
E.H.M.P: What is something fans would not know about you and who do you think is your biggest fan/supporter? Who are some of your major influences?
Murdakkh: I don’t think fans know that I eat Oreo cookies 8 times a day, I’m sorry I’m really just a big kid at heart. My biggest fan beside my beautiful wife would be my good friend Joyce. She has always been to all the shows in the last 2 years and I respect that even on nights when she had school the next day. I’m thankful for that really I am. My major influences in music are Damien Jr Gong Marley, Nas, Pusha T, and Coldplay the greatest band on the planet.
E.H.M.P: It was a pleasure. Where can supporters get connected with your music? Who would you like to shout out? And last but not least, what is a quote that motivates you to keep pushing?
Murdakkh: You can check me out on twitter @Murdakkh,
www.facebook.com/murdakkhmusic and www.reverbnation.com/murdakkh for shows and new songs. I would love to give a shout out to Belize my country, my label Vicious Productions and my squad BBMKINGS (Building Better Music). A quote that has always led me down the right road was "Character is Everything" 
Written By: Gsteam843
Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012



BLOCADE

Born Christopher Newby and presently aka Blocade is one of today's emerging producers. Thriving from Virginia Beach, Blocade decided to pursue his music career in 2006. Ever since this decision it's been "no hold bart". With FL, (fruity loops) he began to learn about production. Listening to various sounds, Blocade was able to pick up his own paste. With the help of hip hop MC's such as Intalek, Amir the Legend and Stax Jeez, Blocade had the opportunity to accumulate, component sounds for. This contributed a lot in his up and coming career. As time progressed producer Namkrow aka Ill Cosby, cross paths with Blocade and it's been a straight grind since. Let's get further acquainted with Blocade.


SPECIALGIFT: Where did you get the name Blocade? What's the meaning behind it if anything?

BLOCADE: Well I actually got that name from my high school football days. I played running back and I would always break tackles and defenders would somehow get hurt hitting me from time to time. They would say, "you a damn Blockade", so it just stook to me and I just made it more unique by taking the K off, lol.

SPECIALGIFT: What inspired you to become a producer? Elaborate please.

BLOCADE: I use to always draw and create art and for inspiration. I would play a lot of beats and instrumentals and get immersed in the sound. I mainly listened to a lot of the Alchemist's Gangster Music themes, beat Cd's and classical music from Vivaldi. I was working two jobs back than around 2005-2007 as a cashier also at TJ Maxx. Also a graphic designer for the local t-shirt company. The employees of the the t-shirt shop back than use to rap and they didn't have beats. I use to bring them beats from the Cd's I had and saw I was good at picking beats for people. It sparked an interest on how to make art with sound instead of pencils and paints. Around the time I met two dope MC's by the name  Intalek (very known MC in VA) and Amir Legend. They would always play music in the stock room at TJ MAXX, I use to say "it would be dope if you guys use older songs and make them into your own".  At that time they said why don't you go and remake me this song from the Stylistic's called "Break up to Make Up". I went home and found that song on youtube and kept loAt that time they said why don't you go and remake me this song from the Stylistics called "Break up to Make up". I went home and found that song on You tube and kept on listing to it over and over to see what I could do with it. During this time YouTube was fairly new and that's where I learned about Fl Studio and music being made with computers. I spent alot of time watching what little videos they had online and found a link to download the program. I was very new to what sequencers and chopping samples meant. I kept messing around with the program and I ended up making my first beat for them, they actually liked it, lol. When I look back those beats were horrible but it gave me the desire to keep at it. I just never stopped making beats from that point on.

SPECIALGIFT: How do you catch the contagion of excitement, that draws your listeners in?

BLOCADE: I just listen to alot of different music and get inspiration from the different sounds and the way it makes me move. I try to capture that same raw energy and make it so that the listeneres would gravitate to it and want to hear more from where that came from.

SPECIALGIFT: Some producers beats nowadays are languid to me. How do you stay away from being dull? I mean I do believe it take's spunk to become a relevant producer.

BLOCADE: Yes it does. I mainly just go from what sounds inspired me to produce and I try to adapt that same sound with whats current without sounding generic or outdated. Music is always changing and evolving so you have to look at current trends and see how you can work that into your sound. Makes you stand out without jumping on the bandwagon.

SPECIALGIFT: Will you take a moment and elaborate on your latest productions?

BLOCADE: My latest work is on LA artist Nocando, of hellyfyre club's EP called Zero Hour. I produced track seven called Oedipus. I also produced track seven called "Jimmy" off his and LA artist Busdrivergroup (Flash Bang Grenada) project called "10 Haters" that came out last August. I am also working on a track with VA artist Mass (From Illusive Media) and Famlay. I have some things in the works withTragedy Khadafi and Ratchet Rush (from Wu - Tang South). I am also producing for my home team the Archerville Cartel (Sean Archer,Felonious Munk ,Jah Streetz, Itz tha Koncept and Klazik) the last three are some of the ill-est mc's I have ever heard. So we are putting in as much work as possible.

SPECIALGIFT: Is there anything in particular you would like your audience to be familiar with?

BLOCADE: I just want them to be familiar with the sound that I bring. Coming from VA we are at the bottom of the North and the top of the South. So we kinda have the sound of the east coast and the south right here, all mixed into one. I feel that you can hear that mixture in my beats.

SPECIALGIFT: Do you have any shout outs you would like to announce?

BLOCADE: I want to shout out A.D. The General and Elegant Hoodness for making this possible, I wanna shout out my boy illCosby,DJ CuttCrusader, Big Tone and DJ J + Positive, I wanna shout out theArcherville Cartel, Drama J, Mass and everyone back home that supports me and what I do, God bless y'all.

SPECIALGIFT: Where can we continue to stay updated with you and your progress?

BLOCADE: You can check me out at http://www.blocadebeats.com%20twitter.com/Blocadeofnsp http://www.soundcloud.com%20blocadefacebook.com/Blocade Blocadefacebook.com/Blocade and email me at Blocadebeats@gmail.com

WRITTEN BY: SPECIALGIFT N.A.B
COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment